Trainee Property Manager for this upmarket Estate Agency in Islington, North London
Permanent Islington, North London | £18k
Job Posted: 2021-01-20 20 January 2021 Closing date for applications: 20 March 2021
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this upmarket independent estate agency with a large network of offices throughout London. Our client is currently looking for a Trainee Property Manager to join their multi award-winning company at their office based in Islington.
Your responsibilities will include supporting the effective running of the Property Management Centre by providing organisational and administrative support to the team. You will also be maintaining and overseeing the relationship between the company’s clients and tenants, whilst carrying out buddy duties and managing your own small portfolio of properties.
Our client is looking for someone with bags of energy, who takes pride in delivering exceptional service levels 100% of the time; most importantly of all, you must enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment and working with people. Our client offers fantastic training and there is superb scope for career progression and personal development.
- Ensuring that clients receive legally accurate, practical and timely solutions/responses to their enquiries and problems
- Managing minor repairs, minor refurbishments and insurance claims on behalf of landlords and tenants in order to maximise the rental return on the letting, liaising with approved suppliers
- Responsibly and profitably managing the financial aspects of the tenancy on behalf of landlords (bill payments, working funds and deposit releases) in conjunction with client accounts
- Pursuing and collecting rental payments from the tenants on behalf of the landlord in accordance with the tenancy agreement
- Facilitating a fair and prompt settlement of the deposit claim and ready the property for re-letting as quickly as possible
- Attending and contributing positively to the weekly departmental workshop
- Attending the branch meeting every week in order to assist with the letting of new managed properties, and update the branch manager on the status of the existing portfolio
- Documenting all property visits and maintaining highest levels of professionalism when meeting landlords, tenants or suppliers
- Passing for payment all invoices and banking all receipts on a daily basis
- Handling any complaint effectively and ensuring that it is referred correctly to the appropriate person
- Delivering key performance measures to personal target
- Preparing for own reviews.
- Some experience within property management or administration would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent administration skills
- Time management skills of planning, prioritising and organisation
- Ability to apply relevant legal and technical knowledge
- Ability to build rapport in order to develop better relationships with clients
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Calm and collected manner
- Computer literacy
- Full UK driving licence.
Our client is offering a salary of £18,000 plus an excellent benefits package! Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.45am to 6pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.