Trainee Property Manager for this Property Investment and Property Management Company in Woking, Surrey
Permanent Woking, Surrey | £24k to £27k 27000
Job Posted: 2022-05-08 08 May 2022 Closing date for applications: 08 July 2022
An exciting role has become available at this rapidly-growing residential property investment and property management company, specialising in the search and management of rentals on behalf of high net worth individuals.
The criteria for the property management portfolios in the first instance is created by multi landlords. The portfolios will include properties across all geographical areas to ensure that the company have varied portfolios.
As a Property Manager, you will be managing approximately 150 properties within the portfolio and providing a bespoke and professional service to the Landlords and Tenants. To be considered you will ideally have had some exposure to the property industry, however, this is not essential as training will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attending handover meetings where the client has new properties with tenants in situ
- Assessing check in reports and notify landlord of any works required
- Setting up appointment for first inspection visit
- Liaising with landlord with regards to how they would like these issues dealt with if necessary
- Raising work orders with appropriate local contractor for works to be done and monitoring on a weekly basis and chase up contractors for status reports
- Upon receipt of invoices, cross reference these with work orders and authorise these for accounts to action
- Contacting tenants to check works have been carried out to a satisfactory standard
- Working closely with lettings counterpart of the portfolio, for preparation of new tenancy, renewals, and compliance.
- Monitoring compliance tasks and arranging inspection Gas/EPC/electrical as and when due
- Monitoring arrears and following arrears procedure for outstanding rents
- Advising landlord and lettings consultants upon receiving a notice that the property will be remarketed
- Arranging check out appointments, assessing check out report and raising appropriate work orders
- Liaising between landlord and tenant following the checkout regarding settling the deposit and compiling paperwork for TDS disputes if required
- Updating TDS website with regards to start dates of tenancies, renewal dates and end of tenancies
- Compiling paperwork for court cases
- Attending properties for inspections/visits as when required.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous property management experience within a residential estate agency would be preferred but is not essential
- Excellent communicator – written and verbally
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to problem solve and use own initiative
- Professional manner
- Proficient use of the Microsoft packages
- ARLA qualification advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Full UK driving licence.
The salary on offer will be in the region of £24,000 to £27,000 dependent on previous experience. Benefits include 22 days holiday (increasing each year up to a maximum of 25) plus bank holidays, work place pension, quarterly staff socials, employee of the quarter incentive, dress down Friday’s and more!
The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.