Trainee – Graduate – Property Manager – Boutique Property Company – Clapham, South West London
Permanent Clapham, London | £23k Inc Benefits
Job Posted: 2016-09-20 20 September 2016 Closing date for applications: 21 November 2016
Our client is an independent boutique property company who provide a bespoke service in the Letting and Management of their client’s home or portfolio of properties. They offer a wealth of experience and excellent local knowledge of South West London.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Property Manager to manage a portfolio of properties and oversee the landlord and tenant clients on a day to day basis. This role will be based in their friendly and primary located office in the affluent town of Clapham, South West London.
The successful candidate does not need previous experience within a property management role as the company will provide the necessary training. Therefore, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to begin their career within property. This being the case, you would need to have gained previous experience within a customer focused role as well as having excellent communication skills and confidence when speaking with clients.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
- Oversee the letting process up until the tenant has moved into the property
- Handle move ins: reference the tenant(s); draw up the tenancy agreement; arrange EPC; gas safety, professional cleaning, works, redecoration etc
- Continued oversight of the property management portfolio including six month inspections, renewals and deposit returns
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and redecorations
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided
- Respond to all telephone and email enquires promptly
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Deal with and resolve where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Motivated self-starter, who is equally happy to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Articulate with a good attention to detail
- Able to build rapport with clients
- Excellent telephone manner.
The salary on offer for this role will be in the region of £23,000 dependent on previous experience. The company provide 25 days’ holiday per year, plus all bank holidays and the Christmas period.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and alternate Saturdays from 10am to 2pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com