Trainee – Property Manager – Hampton Hill, Middlesex
Permanent Hampton Hill, Middlesex | £18k to £24k Inc Benefits 23500
Job Posted: 2016-10-19 19 October 2016 Closing date for applications: 19 December 2016
This company provides residential sales and lettings, property management and financial services to the Richmond borough and beyond. This job will be based in the Hampton Hill Property Management office. The company will consider an applicant with no experience in Property Management.
A suitable applicant will thrive on the responsibility of looking after client’s properties during tenancies making sure the properties, wherever possible remain in the condition in which they were first let. Organising all maintenance works with speed and efficiency, ensuring that repairs are carried out without delay and in a cost-effective manner. This position requires a lot of liaison with Landlords, Tenants and Contractors who must be kept fully informed at all times.
The company is looking to recruit an individual to compliment their existing team, who has a proven track record of organisation skills, admin skills, who would be looking for a career. It is a challenging role and therefore must be able to multi-task lots of duties as well as providing excellent customer service to clients.
Property Management Role:
- To submit the tenants references and monitor and chase these
- Sending references to the landlord and ensuring approval is received by the landlord
- Tenancy Agreement drafting
- Ensuring a copy of a standing order is on file to pay the monthly rent
- Ensuring photo ID and proof or addresses are correct, as per policy, and held on file
- To register the deposit with the TDS or chase the landlord for a copy of the deposit certificate
- To co-ordinate and book an inventory and check-in for the tenancy
- To co-ordinate and book in professional cleaning for the property
- To deal with the maintenance for all of their portfolio
- Informing landlords of works where necessary
- Assisting/giving advice to non-managed landlords
- Negotiations of renewals and completing property visits
- Dealing with deposit returns
- Booking in legislative requirements
- Sending invoices to landlords/dealing with landlords post and various administration
- Communicating with the contractors to ensure the job is being done and to a good standard – gaining the relevant information to pass onto landlords and tenants
- Drafting and serving notices.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active and adaptable, with the ability to both methodically follow processes and to work on own initiative
- Solution-focused team player, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a professional and flexible approach to working with colleagues
- Enthusiastic, energetic and driven, with the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Must drive and have their own car as this will be needed for property visits
- Experience and a good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages including; Excel, Word and Outlook is an advantage
- Would be an advantage if the applicant has previous property management experience
This position will pay a starting salary of £18,000 to £23,500 depending on the level of experience of the individual. The usual hours of work will be from 8.45am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: email@example.com.