Tenancy Progression Coordinator for this highly regarded Private Landlord in Pimlico, Central London
Permanent Pimlico, London | £26k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2021-06-09 09 June 2021 Closing date for applications: 28 July 2021
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded private landlord with a large portfolio of luxury properties in Pimlico, central London. Our client is looking to recruit a Tenancy Progression Coordinator to support the administrative needs of the lettings team in order to meet the office deadlines and targets with new and existing tenancies.
This position requires the ability to work effectively in a support role, working as a team player as well as having the customer service skills that are required to be proficient in all aspects of the role. The lettings department is fast paced, solution orientated, highly motivated and target focused.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Dealing with the administration of new and existing tenancies and renewal tenancy agreements once training is in place
- Assisting resident tenants with their move in, be their main point of contact prior and within the initial period of their tenancy
- Registering / re-registering deposit with the relevant deposit scheme and support the deposit process from check-in to check-out and carry out various associated tasks as and when requested
- Sending check-in/out reports to resident tenants, organising any appointments as needed
- Responding to phone calls, referring to other team members to progress and other departments such as help desk and the refurbishment / maintenance team
- Checking key status (release, return) with own lettings key safe and security
- notify line manager and lettings principal immediately of any security related matters (key loss, suspicious activity noted)
- Assisting with general office administration tasks
- Keeping accurate and up to date notes and data entries on the system
- Developing an awareness of legal requirements in the context of the performance of the role
- Undertaking training as required and requested by the company
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities as advised from time to time by the company.
- A minimum 2-years within property administration
- Being ARLA/NFoPP qualified would be an advantage
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook)
- Efficient and well organised with an eye for detail
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and assertive where required
- Flexible approach to work.
The salary for this role will be between £26,000 and £30,000 dependent on experience and qualifications. This is a Monday to Friday role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email me: email@example.com.