Senior Interior Designer – Luxury Property
Permanent Esher, Surrey | £40k to £60k 60000
Job Posted: 2014-08-20 20 August 2014 Closing date for applications: 20 September 2014
This company is an award winning interior designer specialising in luxurious show houses and private homes throughout the south east . They are a dynamic and energetic Interior Design Business, delivering a bespoke service to a prestigious client base which includes private clients, property developers and investors. Based in the Elbridge area of Surrey, their award winning team consists of fun, talented and hardworking people who are passionate about design.
Due to their growth, they are now looking to recruit a Senior Interior Designer to join their team. If you have an innate talent for design, good fun to work with, and possess a strong work ethic, then this may be the ideal role for you.
As a Senior Designer, you’ll be put in control of the process that turns the company’s client’s ideas into a reality.
To be able to do this, you will need to be proficient in the following areas:
To ensure the company truly captures the needs and aspirations of their clients, it is important that you understand what they are looking for. As a Senior Designer, you will be comfortable taking copious notes and presenting these in a detailed and engaging brief.
The company works on an exciting and diverse range of projects. As a Senior Designer, you will be leading from the forefront; ensuring work is profitably and professionally completed according to timescales and budgets. You will, therefore, need to be skilled at negotiating fees, and capable of researching and drawing up plans.
Your customer service skills will be exceptional. You will ensure clients are kept happy and up to date to ensure repeat business and recommendations in the future.
You will have an innate ability to design luxury spaces that are practical for purpose, and visually pleasing! Under your supervision, you and your team will produce rough sketches and mood boards when required. You will then go on to develop detailed designs, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software or small-scale models.
Training and Development:
The organisation’s greatest strength has always been their people. A key part of the successful candidate’s role will be to nurture and develop talent to ensure there is a strong foundation of designers within the business. Along with other senior members of the team, you will encourage the work ethic and culture of the company and inspire others to view design as a vocation rather than ‘work’.
Going the extra mile…
The company is incredibly proud of its work and will often go the extra mile to ensure that their clients receive something truly special. As a result, evening and weekend work is required, and as a member of the team, you will be required to be reasonably flexible in your approach to working hours.
- Innate design talent and passion
- Commerciality – the ability to manage and work within a budget and meet a deadline
- Extensive product knowledge
- Knowledge of the client’s market and ability to interpret their particular brief and provide inspirational ‘WOW’ schemes which exceed their expectations
- Ability to communicate and manage a customer in a way which ensures they are delighted with their scheme and our service
- Accurate space planning and well thought out furniture layouts which make best use of space
- Good organisational skills, to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget
- Awareness of technical building issues, and the range of relevant products and materials
- Full driving licence and use of a car is essential
It is essential that you are an experienced and qualified Designer with several years’ experience, ideally in the luxury domestic market. You will have independently led and directed multiple projects.
- Providing creative direction and effectively organising the work of other members of the team
- Setting expectations and standards, building a professional and creative culture for the team
- Identifying opportunities and taking action to build collaboration between his/her area and other areas to help achieve business goals.
- Having the confidence and ability to judge other’s creative concepts, whilst providing constructive feedback
- Being able to communicate clearly the concept and creative direction to others
- Taking responsibility for ensuring themselves and their team remain ‘current’ in their field and keep up to date with the latest technologies and design trends
- As a Senior Interior Designer, you will provide inspiration and help team members generate fresh ideas that ensure the company keeps up to date with new trends and products
- You will inspire the team to find imaginative ways and inspiring ways to present work
Business/ Commercial Understanding:
- Understanding budgets and finding suppliers that fit within these
- Understanding the company’s processes and systems and rigorously following them
- Having the ability to make the right decisions on a daily basis, ensuring both profitability, adherence to schedules, and creative quality
- You will need to have exceptional planning, communication skills, time management and follow up skills to ensure tasks are completed in an appropriate and efficient way
- You must be able to get the team to deliver quality work under the pressure of deadlines
With regards to the salary on offer for this excellent opportunity, it will very much depend upon the level of ability and experience the successful candidate can bring to the organisation, but is likely to be in the £40,000 to £60,000 range.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org