Property Manager – Winchester
Permanent Winchester, Hampshire | £23k to £25k 25000
Job Posted: 2014-07-30 30 July 2014 Closing date for applications: 30 September 2014
A superb opportunity has arisen to join this established independent agency based in Winchester. They are looking to recruit an experienced property manager with at least 2 years experience working within a team of 3. Duties will include;
- Responsibility of approximately 120 properties across the property portfolio mainly in the central and western part of Hampshire
- Meeting new Landlords and “taking on” the properties once they are let
- Property maintenance issues – dealing with Landlords and Tenants and keeping both informed of progress
- Whether this is by being reported from tenants or picked up in property checks. Both reactive / emergency and planned works. It may be required to attend to the property to meet both tenants and contractors.
- Arranging works orders and booking contractors – as above
- Checking contractors work from time to time
- Signing off invoices for works and raising any queries with contractors if incorrect.
- Quarterly Visits to the portfolio of properties and reporting back to landlords – dealing with any issues / works raised at this time. Keeping in contact with both Tenants and Landlords
- Second viewings with prospective tenants – Liaising with Negotiator, Landlord and Tenant for any queries raised at this time
- Advising Landlords and Tenants of their legal obligations –for example, Gas Safety Certificates, Electrical Certificates, heating and hot water for Landlord. Ensuring tenants don’t breach terms of tenancy agreement
- Overseeing keys – Ensuring enough sets at start of tenancy and that the correct are returned at end of tenancy.
- Overseeing of car park permits etc. as required.
- Deposit returns – negotiation and return; dilapidations – Liaising with TDS and keeping Landlord / Tenant informed of any legal obligations. Raising works orders and managing contractors.
- Landlords insurance – buildings, contents and legal and loss of rent
- Archiving of property files
- Contractor agreements – Managing contractors and works.
- Arranging works for ‘move ins’ and ensuring legal compliance for move ins.
- Ensuring all paperwork i.e. Inventories is correct and linked to CFP
- Filing – Filing of paperwork and making up files as required for new properties
- Answering of phones
- Covering downstairs office as and when required – managing diaries and dealing with customers both on the phone and face to face
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org