Property Manager (Maternity Cover) – Well Established Independent Estate Agency, Bermondsey, SE1
Permanent Bermondsey, London | £23k to £25k OTE 25000
Job Posted: 2017-04-12 12 April 2017 Closing date for applications: 12 June 2017
A fantastic opportunity has become available at a well established independent estate agency in South East London. The company specialise in Residential Sales, Lettings and Property Managers and they are currently recruiting for an experienced Property Manager to be a part of the in Bermondsey, SE1.
Duties of a Property Manager:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and re-decorations
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Responding to all telephone and email enquires promptly
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Dealing with and resolve where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensure a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arranging electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receiving and actioning maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Checking, authorising and posting invoices to the in-house database
- Securing additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues which exceed our agreed limit
- Arranging appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Acting as liaison between landlords, tenants, contractors
- Responding to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arranging and carry out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Submitting reports to landlords meeting the department’s seven day time frame and follow up any identified maintenance issues
- Negotiating damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Previous experience in Property Management
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Power Point, Word, etc
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Have an ability to multi-task
- Be adaptable and a good team player
- To have a strong service “ethic”
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Happy to take the initiative
- Confident in dealing with clients
- Excellent telephone manner
- Full UK driving licence.
It is important to note that this role is maternity cover.
This is a maternity cover which has the potential to progress to a permanent position for the right candidate.
The salary package for this role will be in the region of £23,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.