Property Manager – Well Established Independent Estate Agency – Bermondsey, SE1
Permanent Bermondsey, SE1 | £25k to £30k Inc Benefits OTE 30000
Job Posted: 2016-10-28 28 October 2016 Closing date for applications: 28 December 2016
A fantastic opportunity has become available at a well established independent estate agency in South East London. The company specialise in Residential Sales, Lettings and Property Manager and they are currently recruiting for an experienced Property Manager to be a part of their team in Bermondsey, SE1.
Duties of a Property Manager:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and redecoration’s
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Respond to all telephone and email enquires promptly
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Deal with and resolve where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensure a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arrange electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receive and action maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Check, authorise and post invoices to the in-house database
- Secure additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues which exceed our agreed limit
- Arrange appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Act as liaison between landlords, tenants, contractors
- Respond to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arrange and carry out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Submit reports to landlords meeting the department’s seven day time frame and follow up any identified maintenance issues
- Negotiate damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Previous experience in Property Management
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Power Point, Word, etc
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Have an ability to multi-task
- Be adaptable and a good team player
- To have a strong service “ethic”
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Happy to take the initiative
- Confident in dealing with clients
- Excellent telephone manner
- Full UK driving licence.
The salary package for this role will be in the region of £25,000 dependent on experience and a commission element enabling the successful candidate to earn more.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.