Property Manager – Upmarket Leading London Estate Agency – Westminster, Central London
Permanent Westminster, London | £28k to £32k Inc Benefits OTE 32000
Job Posted: 2017-01-28 28 January 2017 Closing date for applications: 28 March 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a leading, upmarket independent estate agency with a large network of offices throughout London. They are currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to join their multi award winning company in their primary located office in Westminster, Central London.
The successful candidate will need at least one year’s experience within a Property Management role as well as outstanding customer service and communication skills as this company are passionate about delivering a bespoke service to clients.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the tenants and landlords in line with company service level agreements and to ensure the very best levels of customer service are provided to the customers and clients. All procedures need to be adhered to ensuring compliance with all legal obligations.
The job role will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and redecorations
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Respond to all telephone and email enquires promptly
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Deal with and resolve where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensure a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arrange electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receive and action maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Check, authorise and post invoices to the in-house database
- Secure additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues which exceed our agreed limit
- Arrange appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Act as liaison between landlords, tenants, contractors
- Respond to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arrange and carry out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Negotiate damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Experience in managing an active portfolio
- Exposure to a fast paced Property Management department
- Some knowledge of the housing act, relevant property legislation and arbitration process
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Experience progressing deposit releases, move in and negotiating tenancy renewals
- Efficient in addressing maintenance queries and achieving successful completion
- IT literacy of the following packages; Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and Property software would be beneficial
- Organisational and time management skills
- Able to take initiative
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Professional approach to work
- Full UK driving licence.
The initial salary package for this role will include a basic salary of up to £28,000 dependent on experience and a bonus scheme enabling the successful candidate to earn up to £32,000 dependent on performance.
The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.