Property Manager – Multi Award-winning Independent Estate Agency – Westminster, Central London
Permanent Westminster, Central London | £28k to £32k 32000
Job Posted: 2017-05-10 10 May 2017 Closing date for applications: 10 July 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a leading, upmarket independent estate agency with a large network of offices throughout London. They are currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to join their multi award-winning company in their primary located office based in Westminster, Central London.
To be considered for this role you will need 3-5 years experience in a property manager role as you will be responsible for a bespoke portfolio consisting of around 100 properties.
This is a demanding yet rewarding portfolio that requires exceptional customer service skills and communication skills.
The job role will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and redecorations
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Respond to all telephone and email enquires promptly
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Dealing with and resolving where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensuring a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arranging electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receiving and action maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Checking, authorising and post invoices to the in-house database
- Securing additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues which exceed our agreed limit
- Arranging appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Acting as liaison between landlords, tenants, contractors
- Responding to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arranging and carrying out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Negotiating damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Experience in managing an active portfolio
- Exposure to a fast paced Property Management department
- Some knowledge of the housing act, relevant property legislation and arbitration process
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Experience progressing deposit releases, move in and negotiating tenancy renewals
- Efficient in addressing maintenance queries and achieving successful completion
- IT literacy of the following packages; Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and Property software would be beneficial
- Organisational and time management skills
- Able to take initiative
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to work in a team and independently.
The initial salary package for this role will include a basic salary of £28,000, as well as a bonus scheme enabling you to earn up to £32,000. The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.