Property Manager – Upmarket Firm of Estate Agents – Winchester, Hampshire
Permanent Winchester, Hampshire | £20k to £25k Inc Benefits 25000
Job Posted: 2017-02-06 06 February 2017 Closing date for applications: 06 April 2017
This highly regarded and upmarket firm of Estate Agents and Chartered Surveyors is looking to recruit an experienced Property Manager. This opportunity is based in their Winchester branch in Hampshire.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused Property Manager, looking to work for and progress within a reputable company. This role will be varied, therefore you need to be flexible in your approach to tasks and responsibilities.
The purpose for this role is the overall management of the Winchester portfolio throughout the rental process.
The job role includes:
- Administer the management of let properties to include efficient and correct handling of problems that arise, arranging repairs and improvements, overseeing pre-tenancy works and handling the check-out process.
- Identify and recommend property upgrades and refurbishments, organising any between tenancy works including that arising from dilapidation’s to allow for a timely re-let to maximise Landlord income.
- Co-ordinate the relevant safety checks with specialist contractors and recording the valid documentation on a central database.
- Conduct property inspections to ensure they are kept in a tenant like manner whilst evaluating maintenance issues and notifying Landlords of any changes requiring further attention.
- Compile and calculate dilapidation’s claims, negotiating and settling disputes, refunding deposits and providing evidence on behalf of the client in matters of dispute.
- Liaise regularly with the finance departments including monitoring financial activity, requesting funds, authorising invoices and budgeting for planned works.
- Work closely with freeholders and lease holders on behalf of property owners including making payment for ground rent and service charge demands.
- Submit and handle insurance claims including obtaining quotations, providing the supporting evidence and instructing required works at the correct stage.
- Liaise with external parties such as insurance brokers, building surveyors and specialist consultants.
- Enforce the terms of all leases and agreements when necessary and arranging for the relevant notices to be served.
- Understand the area and develop a sound knowledge of property rents and values and desired presentation of properties together with a keen awareness of local competition.
- Keep abreast of the property market and competitor’s activity to alter existing or implement new strategies to changes in business.
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record keeping, update and maximise the use of databases to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance information such as Landlord and Tenant/Tenancy Law and Money Laundering.
- Be a positive influence helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment.
- Support the excellent reputation of the company by providing a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients and tenants.
- Contribute to the success of the company with regard to cross-selling and other opportunities by understanding the functions of other departments and communicating effectively with colleagues.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in residential property lettings and property management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the use of residential software programs
- Advance skill in Microsoft Office package
- Presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of block management
- The ability to take the initiative
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Relationship management
- Willingness to tackle a variety of tasks with common sense and enthusiasm
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where flexibility is essential
- A desire to broaden knowledge and experience
- A passion and drive to succeed.
The initial salary package for this role will be in the region of £20,000 – £25,000 dependent on the level of experience. A car allowance will also be provided for the successful candidate.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.