Property Manager – South East London Portfolio
Permanent Blackheath, London | £30k Inc Benefits
Job Posted: 2015-03-06 06 March 2015 Closing date for applications: 06 May 2015
This leading London Estate Agency is looking to recruit a Property Manager to join their Lettings Management team in Blackheath, London SE3. The successful applicant will preferably have completed the ARLA (or equivalent) property management and legal courses and be self motivated, organised and energetic, as well as a good team worker with a cheerful disposition. You will also need to have excellent organisational, oral and written communication skills, sound IT knowledge to include Word and Excel, and ideally have a clean driving licence.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of about 100 let properties, predominantly located in the Blackheath and surround SE London area.
In general terms the duties involve:
- General maintenance of properties, instructing contractors, getting quotes, ensuring work is completed within an acceptable time frame and to satisfactory standards, producing job sheets, obtaining necessary risk assessments and method statements, inspecting completed works and signing off invoices – instructions subject to delegated authority. All works are to be instructed in line with the firm’s approved contractor scheme
- Ensuring all Statutory requirements are adhered to, i.e. instructing gas safety reports, portable appliance testing, electrical inspections and following up on remedial work if necessary
- Carrying out six monthly management visits and instructing any identified works
- Preparing the property prior to each new tenancy always ensuring offer conditions have been complied with and that it is ready for occupation by new tenants
- Meeting and greeting new tenants, explaining our management role and providing necessary contact information
- Making all necessary end of tenancy arrangements to include advising clients on inventory check out procedure, arranging check out appointment and where necessary arranging post tenancy clean and any necessary works.
- Negotiating deposit release
- Liaising with building caretakers and building managers with regard to works to building and communal areas, health & safety regulations, etc
- Dealing with tenant rent queries
- Chasing of arrears
- Negotiating tenancy renewals and preparation of required documentation.
- Formal reporting to Landlord.
This position will pay a basic salary in the region of £30,000 pa depending on your level of experience. This is a Monday to Friday role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org