Property Manager – Rapidly Growing Residential Property Investment and Property Management Company – Chertsey, Surrey
Permanent Chertsey, Surrey | £22k to £24k 24000
Job Posted: 2017-06-02 02 June 2017 Closing date for applications: 02 August 2017
A fantastic role has become available at a well-respected and rapidly growing residential property investment and property management company specialising in the search and management of rentals on behalf of high net worth individuals.
They are currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage a portfolio of 150 properties and to provide a bespoke and professional service to the Landlords and Tenants. The role will be based in their busy office in Chertsey, Surrey.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Arranging check-in appointments for new tenancies as notified by the Lettings Team
- Assessing check-in reports and notify Landlord of any works required
- Writing to all utility companies and local authorities advising of new tenancy details to include meter readings where appropriate
- Setting up appointment for first inspection visit
- Taking calls from Tenants reporting maintenance issues
- Liaising with Landlord with regards to how they would like these issues dealt with if necessary
- Raising work orders with appropriate local contractor for works to be done
- Monitoring work orders on a weekly basis and chase up contractors for status reports
- Upon receipt of invoices cross reference these with work orders and authorise these for accounts to action
- Carrying out 10% checks on works completed by contacting Tenants to check works carried out to a satisfactory standard
- Monitoring compliance tasks and raise work orders in good time to ensure that they do not go out of date
- Monitoring arrears and follow arrears procedure for outstanding rents
- Following procedure for regular inspections
- Negotiating rent increases with Landlords at renewal stage
- Issuing renewal documentation
- Serving of Legal Notices to end a tenancy
- Arranging check out appointments
- Assessing check out report and raise appropriate work orders
- Liaising between Landlords and Tenants with regards to settling the deposit
- Compiling paperwork for Tenancy Deposit Scheme disputes if required
- Updating Tenancy Deposit Scheme website with regards to start date of tenancies, renewal dates and end of tenancies
- Compiling paperwork for court cases
- Responding to complaints from either Tenants or Landlords in connection to any property management issues
- Escalating unresolved complaints to the Operations Manager.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent communicator – written and verbally
- Friendly and approachable
- Highly organised
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to problem solve and use own initiative
- Professional manner
- Proficient use of the Microsoft packages
- ARLA qualification advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous experience within Property Management.
The initial salary package included for this fantastic role will be in the region of £22,000 to £24,000 dependent on the level of experience.
The hours of work will be from 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: email@example.com.