Property Manager – Property Management and Residential Lettings Specialists – London Bridge, City of London
Permanent London Bridge, London | £30k to £40k Inc Benefits 40000
Job Posted: 2016-08-30 30 August 2016 Closing date for applications: 30 October 2016
A challenging and exciting role has become available for an experienced Property Manager to be a part of a professional property management team at a specialist independent London Residential Lettings and Property Management company. The role will be based in their new offices in London Bridge.
Our client provides a flexible and efficient service to Residential Landlords and prides themselves in delivering an excellent service to clients. Their focus is to let and manage property across London with a particular focus on regions where rental demands are strong.
The successful candidate will need to have at least 2 years experience within a Property Management role as well as having excellent communication and customer focused skills.
Key responsibilities for this job role include:
- To deliver an efficient and effective Property Management service to clients, ensuring management targets are met and the business complies with legislative requirements needed for the maintenance, running and upkeep of premises
- To assist the department in maintaining standards, complying with legislative requirements and meeting performance of the business, in the area of Health and Safety
- Co-ordinate contractors work and liaise with staff to ensure you are familiar with and perform within the parameters of the company’s processes at all times
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required by your line manager
- Develop and motivate direct reports
- Manage the performance of direct reports so it achieves targets and standards set by the Director.
- Assist with the management of premises maintenance and manage site contractors to ensure good working practices are maintained and works are carried out to a high standard
- Assist in the premises security arrangements as instructed by your line manager
- Provide sound and robust legal support to tenants and landlords as required
- Work in conjunction with and support the Lettings team to deliver an effective and efficient Property Management Service
- Conduct two annual inspections of each managed property within your portfolio whilst working in line with business policies and procedures
- Ensure you are contactable out of hours in case of emergency
- Ensure procedures are carried out and recorded according to the company and legislation
- Provide a cost effective and high level maintenance service which is timely and meets the expectations of your client base
- Instruction and timely communication of inventory reports to end user
- Full accountability and responsibility in maintaining and reviewing of Landlord and Tenant records
- Assist with the training, support and guidance of direct reports to ensure they understand company policies and are able to implement and maintain procedures within their area of responsibility
- Ensure your team is trained adequately to meet the new requirements of their job role
- Support the Director of Residential as required in setting strategy and targets for the department.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance works undertaken reconcile with quotes and invoices – you will be required to work closely with Property Management Accounts to achieve this
- To identify issues within Health and Safety and provide the appropriate follow up action to ensure properties within your remit complies with the current legislation
- To ensure documentation for H&S related inspections, audits, risk assessments and appropriate certification is correctly maintained, up to date & accessible to the business
- Monitor and control your budget to ensure expenditure remains within budget
- Implement and maintain office systems to ensure all records are accessible and up to date
- To maintain accurate records, collect and analyse data and to produce reports as requested
- To maintain computer records, record check and manage works orders, delivery notes and invoices as instructed by your line manager
- Oversee processing of landlord and tenant contracts and documentation to ensure they are correct.
- Accuracy, and timely production of management information and reports
- Reliable and presentable
- Highly organised
- Can do attitude
- Customer focused
- Willing to work outside of office hours and weekends to fulfil the function of the role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise work effectively
- Making clear decisions and dealing positively with challenges
- Communicating clearly and persuasively whilst working cooperatively and supportively with people
- Defining priorities and organising yourself so you can deliver them
- Working to the highest professional and ethical standards in order to provide an excellent service
- To be able to think on your feet & be reactive to situations as they arise in a calm & professional manner
- To be able to work alone and on own initiative as well as within a team
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of the legal aspect to the property market
- At least 2-5 years experience within Property Management
The initial salary package for this role will be in the region of £30,000 to £40,000 dependent on the level of experience.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org