Property Manager (Maternity Cover) – Upmarket Independent Estate Agency – Westminster, Central London
Contract Permanent Westminster, Central London | £26k to £28k 28000
Job Posted: 2017-05-17 17 May 2017 Closing date for applications: 17 July 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a leading, upmarket independent estate agency with a large network of offices throughout London. Our client is currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to join their multi award-winning company at their primary located office based in Westminster.
The successful candidate will need at least 1 year’s experience within a Property Management role as well as outstanding customer service and communication skills as this company are passionate about delivering a bespoke service to clients.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the tenants and landlords in line with company service level agreements.
The job role will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and re-decorations
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Dealing with and resolving where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensuring a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arrange electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receiving and actioning maintenance issues and instructing approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Checking, authorising and post invoices to the in-house database
- Securing additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues which exceed our agreed limit
- Arranging appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Responding to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arranging and carry out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Negotiating damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Experience in managing an active portfolio
- Exposure to a fast paced Property Management department
- Some knowledge of the housing act, relevant property legislation and arbitration process
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Experience progressing deposit releases, move in and negotiating tenancy renewals
- Efficient in addressing maintenance queries and achieving successful completion
- IT literacy of the following packages; Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and Property software would be beneficial
- Organisational and time management skills
- Able to take initiative
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to work in a team and independently.
This is a maternity cover role which has the potential to progress to a permanent position for the right candidate.
The initial salary package for this role will include a basic salary of £26,000 to £28,000 dependent on experience and a bonus scheme. The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.