Property Manager – Lettings Department – Clapham Estate Agency
Permanent Clapham, London | £25k Inc Benefits
Job Posted: 2015-11-12 12 November 2015 Closing date for applications: 12 January 2016
This leading London Estate Agency is looking to recruit a Property Manager to join their Lettings Management team in Clapham, London SW4. The successful applicant will preferably have completed the ARLA (or equivalent) property management and legal courses and be self motivated, organised and energetic, as well as a good team worker with a cheerful disposition. You will also need to have excellent organisational, oral and written communication skills, sound IT knowledge to include Word and Excel, and ideally have a clean driving licence.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of over 100 let properties, predominantly located in Clapham and Battersea.
In general terms the duties involve:
- To undertake the day to day management of a designated portfolio of properties
- To ensure the effective planning and management of all maintenance and repair work and to monitor and control all regular maintenance contracts. This will include specifying, tendering and supervising works where necessary.
- To ensure the regular inspection of all managed buildings and the maintenance of notes concerning those inspections and records and information on health and safety matters
- To liaise with tenants, lessees and residents associations as and when required and to attend meetings
- To provide management information as required through the line manager to surveyors, clients, tenants and others
- To supervise and monitor the maintenance and updating of the computerised property records system including all contract records and contractor listings
- To be responsible for the day to day monitoring and control of all aspects of health and safety and ensure compliance at all times with current legislation including the updating of all health and safety audit documentation in accordance with health and safety legislation
- To authorise and approve all invoices received for payment being satisfied that the works or supply represented by the invoice has been properly incurred and satisfactorily completed or delivered.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Build excellent working relationships with other Lettings and Property Managers across the business
- Share knowledge and market information with colleagues
Clients and business development:
- Support the Lettings manager in presenting to potential clients
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Identify creative and innovative marketing initiatives to generate new business
- Management of client funds in respect to the management of properties
- Management of rent arrears of tenants
- Ensuring funds are available and authorised prior to authorisation of works
Systems and process:
- Responsible for personal input into the office database ensuring all data is up to date
- Ensuring works’ orders are registered within the system prior to taking place
- Comprehensive notes are entered onto the system with regard to all activity in line with time lines
The position will pay a basic salary in the region of £25,000 per annum and is a Monday to Friday role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com