Property Manager – Highly Regarded Property Management and Investment Company – Chertsey, Surrey
Permanent Chertsey, Surrey | £22k to £24k Inc Benefits 24000
Job Posted: 2016-09-12 12 September 2016 Closing date for applications: 12 November 2016
Our client is a well-respected and rapidly growing residential property investment and property management company specialising in the search and management of rentals on behalf of high net worth individuals.
They are currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage a portfolio of properties and to provide a bespoke and professional service to the Landlords and Tenants. The role will be based in their dynamic and friendly office in Chertsey, Surrey.
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Arrange check in appointments for new tenancies as notified of start dates by the Lettings Team
- Assess check in reports and notify Landlord of any works required
- Write to all utility companies and local authorities advising of new tenancy details to include meter readings where appropriate
- Set up appointment for first inspection visit
- Take calls from Tenants reporting maintenance issues
- Liaise with Landlord with regards to how they would like these issues dealt with if necessary
- Raise work orders with appropriate local contractor for works to be done
- Monitor work orders on a weekly basis and chase up contractors for status reports
- Upon receipt of invoices cross reference these with work orders and authorise these for accounts to action
- Carry out 10% checks on works completed by contacting Tenants to check works carried out to a satisfactory standard
- Monitor compliance tasks and raise work orders in good time to ensure that they do not go out of date
- Monitor arrears and follow arrears procedure for outstanding rents
- Follow procedure for regular inspections
- Negotiating rent increases with Landlords at renewal stage
- Issuing renewal documentation
- Serving of Legal Notices to end a tenancy
- Arranging check out appointments
- Assess check out report and raise appropriate work orders
- Liaise between Landlords and Tenants with regard to settling the deposit
- Compile paperwork for Tenancy Deposit Scheme disputes if required
- Update Tenancy Deposit Scheme website with regard to start date of tenancies, renewal dates and end of tenancies
- Compile paperwork for court cases
- Respond to complaints from either Tenants or Landlords in connection to any property management issues
- Escalate unresolved complaints to the Operations Manager.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent communicator – written and verbally
- Friendly and approachable
- Highly organised
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to problem solve and use own initiative
- Professional manner
- Proficient use of the Microsoft packages
- ARLA qualification advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous experience within Property Management.
The initial salary package included for this fantastic role will be in the region of £22,000 to £24,000 dependent on the level of experience.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.