Property Manager – High Quality Residential Estates
Permanent Chelsea, London | £35k to £38k Inc Benefits 38000
Job Posted: 2014-09-01 01 September 2014 Closing date for applications: 01 November 2014
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Property Manager to work for this privately owned company who maintain a number of properties here in the UK, as well as in other parts of Europe and the Middle East, and as a consequence this role will potentially involve travelling abroad.
The properties managed are high quality residential estates, where a number of employees and “teams” are based at each property. None of the properties are commercial in nature. They are very private, with each home being effectively a ‘family home’.
The company’s sole purpose is to serve one client, therefore the role encompasses far more than simple property management; it also encompasses an element of concierge services and elements of interiors/accessories purchasing.
This position will be based in central London and the role will be varied in its responsibilities as it will incorporate Property Management and procurement of FF&E and various other duties.
The following is a brief job/task description for the role, however it is not exhaustive and it is anticipated that other ad hoc tasks will be required to be fulfilled which are not listed below.
- Preparing policies for staff on site
- Negotiating contract renewals, including attaining 3 tenders for all property based works
• Managing consultants, contractors and 3rd party suppliers
- Managing staff on site, including housekeepers, gardeners, repairmen, drivers and bookkeepers.
- Managing inventories, liaising with site staff regarding inventories and daily correspondence with property based management
- Preparing and maintaining items for stock take / inventory
- Assisting with the tender process for insurances, mechanical and electrical contractors etc
- Assisting with creating and implementing policies and procedures within the office.
- Arranging for gas, water and electrical checks
- Arranging for health and safety checks and ensuring properties comply with health and safety standards.
- Keeping owners & managers up to date
- Management of petty cash and authorisation procedures.
- Purchasing of accessories, interiors and private items for the property owners.
- Approval of invoices.
- Administration and information technology
- Being attentive to details
- Prioritising tasks based on time and importance
- Communication and negotiation
- Dressing and acting in a professional manner
- Being confident and responsible
- Working on your own initiative
- Making responsible decisions
- Being able to work flexible hours
- Being positive and encouraging
- Being courteous to clients and co-workers
- Stress management and problem solving both personally and with staff
Basic qualifications including Mathematics and English are required, and knowledge of management, real estate, plumbing, construction and repairs are a distinct advantage. The successful candidate should also have extensive health and safety knowledge.
Due to the nature of the job, the successful candidate will be very professional, polite with excellent problem solving skills. They will need to be very flexible, not only in their own management of time but will need to be flexible with staff to ensure that the owners’ wishes are adhered to. Organisation is vital in this role.
This role will pay a basic salary of £35,000 – £38,000, along with additional benefits after a qualifying period.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org