Property Manager for this well-established Property Management Company in Hendon, North West London
Permanent Hendon, North West London | £35k
Job Posted: 2021-05-10 10 May 2021 Closing date for applications: 10 July 2021
A rare opportunity has become available to join an established family business as a Residential Property Manager in its Hendon office. The business owns a vast portfolio of residential and commercial assets across the South, managed in-house by its own team of Property Managers, Building Surveyors, Solicitors and Accountants.
To be considered it is important that you are able to demonstrate strong independent management skills, be confident in carrying out property inspections unaccompanied and be enthusiastic in reporting to the Head of Residential Property.
This role will suit a social and approachable individual who would benefit from working in a positive and team-spirited environment, and would take advantage of support from the Head of Residential Property in relation to matters such as external and structural maintenance and property refurbishment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactive asset management of a portfolio of residential property
- Regular telephone and email correspondence with tenants, contractors and professional consultants
- Organising and carrying out periodic property inspections unaccompanied
- Instructing and monitoring reactive maintenance works
- Maintaining a schedule of and organising refurbishment works
- Maintaining a schedule of legal compliance documentation, e.g. Fire Risk Assessments, Landlord Gas Safety Tests, Health & Safety Audits, Asbestos surveys, etc., and ensuring that assessments are carried out when needed and the requirements met
- Instructing and liaising with local letting agents, and monitoring their performance
- Tendering of works and service contracts to ensure value for money is obtained
- Invoice approval.
- Minimum three years’ professional experience within the residential property industry
- Proficiency in the management of Assured Shorthold Tenancies and an excellent working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Excellent IT skills
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have a strong service “ethic”
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail.
The salary on offer for this position will be £35,000.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.