Property Manager for this well-established Estate Agency in Bermondsey, SE1
Permanent Bermondsey, South East London | £25k
Job Posted: 2020-11-25 25 November 2020 Closing date for applications: 15 December 2020
A fantastic opportunity has become available within a well-established independent estate agency in south east London.
Our client specialises in residential sales, lettings and property management and is currently recruiting for an experienced Property Manager to join their team in Bermondsey, SE1.
To be considered for position you will have previous experience within residential property management as you will be managing a portfolio of 90-100 properties and handling renewals and deposit returns.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with landlords
- Making sure tenants and landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and re-decorations
- Processing insurance claims for landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Dealing with and resolving where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensuring a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arranging electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receiving and actioning maintenance issues and instructing approved contractors, accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Acting as liaison between landlords, tenants, contractors
- Arranging and carrying out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company terms & conditions
- Submitting reports to landlords meeting the department’s time frame and following up any identified maintenance issues
- Negotiating damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Previous experience in property management
- Deposit returns experience – essential
- Experience handling renewals
- Excellent IT skills. Experience using CFP Winman would be advantageous
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Happy to take the initiative
- Confident in dealing with clients
- Excellent telephone manner
- Full UK driving licence required for property inspections.
The salary package for this role will include a basic of £25,000 plus renewals commission. There will be a pooled car available for property inspections. Benefits include 22 days holiday plus bank holidays.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. You will be required to work 1 in 4 Saturdays from 10am to 4pm and you will get a full day back in lieu for this.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.