Property Manager for this upmarket Estate Agency in Summertown, Oxfordshire
Permanent Summertown, Oxfordshire | £30k to £32k 32000
Job Posted: 2022-02-10 10 February 2022 Closing date for applications: 29 March 2022
This upmarket and award-winning firm of estate agents and chartered surveyors is looking to recruit a Property Manager to join the team in Summertown, Oxford. Our client only employs the very best people. They are a place where people want to work, and their culture is both collaborative and business minded.
You will be looking after a new and exciting portfolio of properties which will predominantly consist of new build properties owned by PRS clients, with the potential to work on new Build to Rent schemes. There will also be the opportunity to work with some privately owned properties too!
To be considered you will have proven experience of managing a portfolio of properties, hold excellence in terms of maintaining confidentiality, have a professional manner and excellent customer service skills at all times.
Responsibilities will include:
- Administering the management of let residential properties to include efficient and correct handling of problems arising during the tenancy, managing any repairs, overseeing check-ins and check-outs as necessary and dealing with any arrears
- Conducting routine inspections of all properties, advising Landlords of any changes or issues arising. Promptly notifying tenants of any areas where action is required
- In conducting check-outs, liaising with all parties to negotiate a speedy and satisfactory conclusion
- Managing the relationship with the landlord, including reporting and accounts matters
- Identifying and recommending need for property upgrades and refurbishment, organising any between tenancy work, including that arising from dilapidations to allow for a timely re-let to maximise Landlord’s income
- Liaising with accounts and lettings team at Oxford
- Updating records and maximising the use of databases such as Reapit and Dwellant to ensure all property and tenant details are up to date
- Maintaining a working knowledge of compliance information such as Landlord and Tenant/Tenancy Law and Money Laundering
- Maintaining close communication with person/s primarily responsible at all times (particularly at the beginning and end of the day).
Skills & knowledge:
- Previous experience within a residential property management role
- ARLA qualifications would be an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellence in terms of maintaining confidentiality
- Strong administrative, computer skills – experience using residential software packages
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good negotiating skills
- Highly numerate
- Ability to build long term relationships.
The salary package for this role will be in the region of £30,000 to £32,000 dependent on your level of experience and qualifications. Our client offers a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave. They are also supportive of funding ARLA training and career progression.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.