Property Manager for this specialist Lettings & Management Practice in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
Permanent Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire | £25k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2019-12-12 12 December 2019 Closing date for applications: 12 February 2020
A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Property Manager to join this specialist Lettings & Management practice in Rickmansworth, Herts.
You will be responsible for the direct management of a residential portfolio, therefore, you will ideally have at least 2 years’ experience in this field, and preferably be ARLA/NFoPP qualified, though training will be provided in this area if necessary.
As a property manager it is highly important to have excellent organisational skills, along with clear communication and interpersonal skills. You must be able to facilitate good working relationships across all departments and work well within a team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of financial issues and their implications and be familiar with your clients’ terms of business. This will assist you in acting in the best interests of your client and maximise the profitability of each property managed
- Communication is key to success, ensuring to update all parties involved to avoid frustration from landlord & tenant. Set the right expectations and always acknowledge your email
- Ensuring tenants/contractors and landlords are compliant with statutory and contractual obligations
- Seeking to embed a positive business approach in the team by ensuring a strong, positive and flexible “can do” culture and one that encourages and endorse continuous improvement at both an individual and company level
- Ensuring competent contractors are used to carry out repairs and maintenance and ensure works are carried out to satisfactory standard and timescale and in line with any guarantee/ warranty
- Mediating and negotiating between parties regarding the return of the tenant’s deposit
- Issues where you anticipate a complaint or dissatisfaction from any party involved should be discussed in daily meeting and escalated with your reporting manager
- Understanding tenant’s obligations as per the tenancy agreement so that you can manage the tenancy as per agreed terms
- Understanding the procedures to serve Section 21 & Section 8
- Any formal complaints reported should be discussed with your reporting manager and all communication should be saved on the database
- Ensuring that properties within your portfolio are legally compliant for Gas certs / Inspections at all times
- Handling inventories and utility accounts.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of properties within a residential estate agency
- Strong knowledge of property legislation
- Be efficient in addressing maintenance queries and achieving successful completion
- IT literacy of the following packages; Word, Excel and Property software
- Be friendly and approachable
- Full UK driving licence is preferred.
This position is a Monday to Friday role and will come with a basic salary of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on the experience and ability of the individual.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.