Property Manager for this privately-owned Estate Agency in St Clement’s, Oxfordshire
Permanent St Clement’s, Oxfordshire | £23k to £25k 25000
Job Posted: 2020-03-08 08 March 2020 Closing date for applications: 08 May 2020
This privately-owned estate agency is currently looking to recruit a Property Manager to join its growing Property Management team in St Clement’s, Oxfordshire.
Our client has gained an exceptional reputation as one of the most highly regarded independent estate agencies in Oxfordshire due to their bespoke, professional and honest service.
The main purpose of this role is to care for clients’ residential lettings properties and ensure a high level of tenant and landlord satisfaction. You will be responsible for a portfolio of properties in Oxford, ensuring all aspects of property management are completed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the running, upkeep and maintenance of the property on behalf of the landlord
- Assessing and resolving maintenance issues, liaising with appropriate contractors
- Conducting property inspections and completing appropriate reports
- Ensuring the property is fully prepared for tenants to move in – organising gas safety record, electrical safety, keys, pre-tenancy clean, checking all appliances and any pre-requisites
- Liaising with tenants and contractors for property access
- Managing end of tenancy returns for a managed client portfolio
- Ensuring deposit returns are managed within company timescales and any issues between parties resolved
- Checking invoices received against works orders and arranging payment to contractors
- Maintaining high standards of communication with landlords and tenants
- Negotiating dilapidation compensation for the landlords of a managed client portfolio
- Ensuring the property is continuing to be legally compliant and is being looked after by the tenant
- Undertaking any general administration tasks that may be required
- Building excellent relationships with landlords, tenants and contractors
- Working closely with the accounts department in managing rent arrears.
- Previous experience as a Property Manager is essential
- Knowledge of legislation changes and health & safety compliance is essential
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional and empathetic manner
- Knowledge of the industry; basic knowledge of heating and hot water systems, plumbing and electrical systems
- Able to communicate accurately and concisely using written communication
- Confident telephone manner
- Good personal presentation and conduct
- Good IT skills and knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong negotiation and active listening skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise own workload
- Ability to build effective relationships by using diplomacy and tact
- A valid UK driving licence and access to own car.
The package for this role will include a basic of £23,000 to £25,000 dependent on the level of experience. Benefits include, company mileage, pension, company events, an excellent holiday package etc.
The hours of work will be Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 6pm, Friday 9am to 4.30pm and you will be required to work 1 in 4 Saturdays from 9am to 3pm, however, you will be given a day off in lieu for this.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.