Property Manager for this privately-owned Estate Agency in London Bridge, Central London
Permanent London Bridge, London | £26k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2021-11-27 27 November 2021 Closing date for applications: 27 January 2022
A superb opportunity has arisen within this privately-owned estate agency for an experienced Property Manager. Based in London Bridge, you will ideally have at least 1-2 years’ experience within a property management role, as well as excellent customer service and organisational skills, as this company is passionate about delivering a new, people focused approach to the industry.
The purpose of this role is to effectively and efficiently manage the daily operations of the Lettings portfolio in accordance with the company’s terms of business. You will need to keep up to date with industry legislation and ensure it is being followed, whilst maintaining and delivering quality customer service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with landlords and tenants whilst delivering excellent customer service
- Proactively managing any repairs and maintenance to ensure the property is functioning in its prime condition
- Collecting rent arrears and ensuring all parties are regularly updated with relevant information and actions taken
- Processing of any end of Tenancy notice in accordance with the Tenancy Agreement and Terms of Business
- Ensuring all properties are compliant with current legislation, i.e. Gas Safety certificates, EPC’s, Right to Rent etc…
- Releasing deposits as and when necessary, ensuring all parties are regularly updated and providing advice regarding any disputes whilst looking to resolve amicably
- General office administration including taking telephone enquiries and responding to emails
- Carry out any such ad-hoc duties as may be reasonably required from time to time and in connection with the above.
- Previous experience working within residential property management or residential lettings
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal proficiency
- Confident with decision making
- Organised with focus on time management
- A desire to help and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload, ensuring that you are working efficiently, accurately and at pace.
The company is offering a salary of £26,000 to £30,000. Benefits include industry leading training and development, a rewards programme, charity and social events and much more. Our client also offers excellent scope for career progression.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.