Asset Manager for this leading Property Management Company in Bath, Somerset
Permanent Bath, Somerset | £30k to £35k 35000
Job Posted: 2022-05-18 18 May 2022 Closing date for applications: 18 July 2022
Our client is one of the largest providers of privately rented housing in the UK and their portfolio is very unique. They specialise in family homes that are often set in much more open space than you might find elsewhere, especially when compared to modern developments. They have decades of experience as a private landlord and their expertise, track record and financial strength provides a solid base to support their core goals.
As the Asset Manager you will be working closely with the existing rentals team in void refurbishment, local agent and market research, and site related projects on the company’s AST portfolio. The role will also involve providing advice, support and instruction to the centralised property management team.
To be considered for this position you will need to be prepared to travel as the company’s portfolio is spread over England and Wales. You will be visiting properties when void between tenancies to assess the condition and arrange and oversee any works required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Checking the condition of properties to prepare for marketing
- Scheduling and instructing any required works with the centralised property management team
- Interrogating quotes to ensure pricing is fair and consistent
- Checking completed works as required
- Oversee any snagging issues at the beginning of the Tenancy
- Carrying out mid-term property visits as required
- Preparing property visit reports with recommendations for any works and feedback for the tenants if any breaches of Tenancy noted
- Liaising with the centralised property management team in regards to the return of the deposit, obtaining dilapidation quotes and working closely to close the Tenancy in an efficient manner
- Liaising with letting agents marketing the AST properties to ensure the company achieves the best rental price and service
- Regularly visiting the properties and sites to become familiar with the local markets and to establish firm relationships with the local letting agent partners
- Ensuring effective diary management.
- Previous residential property management/asset management experience is essential
- Project management skills
- Ability to understand and analyse costs
- Time management
- Understanding of Landlords legal responsibilities regarding residential property
- Understanding of H&S procedures
- Attention to detail
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Financial analysis of budgets, invoices, expenditure and other reporting packs
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Full UK driving licence.
The salary on offer will be between £30,000 and £35,000 dependent on experience, plus a company car and bonus scheme.
Although the role is predominately out on site, there will be an expectation to work from the office in Bath once a week (depending on other commitments). There is a work from home policy for 2 days a week (if not on site) but this subject to change.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email: email@example.com.