Property Manager for this independent Estate Agency in Putney, South West London
Permanent Putney, South West London | £25k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2020-03-04 04 March 2020 Closing date for applications: 04 May 2020
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this professional independent estate agency at its bespoke office in Putney, South West London.
Our client is currently looking for a Property Manager to join their successful team, managing a portfolio of 100 to 120 fully managed properties in and around Putney. As well as handling the AST property management portfolio, you will also get involved in some aspects of block management as well. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody looking to progress and take that next step up in their property management career.
To be considered for this role, you will have at least 1 years’ experience, along with excellent administration and customer service skills in order to uphold our client’s superb reputation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Receiving all information from landlords and tenants in respect of faults, breakdowns, repairs and replacement
- Inspecting all new managed properties that are designated to your portfolio and liaising with the landlord
- Evaluating the priority of works
- Advising landlords of their obligations to the tenant
- Arranging competitive quotations from contractors for works to properties
- Submitting quotations to clients for works
- Supervising and checking works to properties prior to approving payment
- Supervising all works relating breakdowns and repairs, routine maintenance, as well as general refurbishment
- Keeping the tenant and landlord informed of progress and ensuring that the best interests of our clients are always served
- Dealing with tenant change overs
- Arranging renewal of tenancy agreements
- Dealing with the inventory checkout report at the end of a tenancy.
- Costing any breakages damages and replacement values relating to inventory check out
- Using every best endeavour to reach agreement between landlord and tenant in respect of any deposit deductions
- If agreement reached pass approval to your manager to authorise deposit return. If agreement not reached authorise return of non-disputed amount and start procedure with the appropriate tenancy deposit scheme to deal with the amount in dispute
- Carrying out inspection reports of managed lettings, or non-managed if requested by a landlord, at a pre-arranged fee, using the company iPad making notes of any issues that need attention and taking necessary photographs.
- At least 1 years’ experience as a residential property manager
- Some block management experience would be beneficial but not essential
- ARLA qualifications would be preferred
- Strong knowledge of relevant landlord and tenant act
- Relevant health & safety training or experience
- Good IT skills including Outlook, MS Word, Excel
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Be punctual
- Active team player.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Live with close proximity of the office
- Full UK driving licence.
The salary on offer for this role will be between £25,000 to £30,000 dependent on previous experience, plus additional benefits, including BUPA after 12 months of employment, 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and the office is closed between Christmas and New Year.
The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.