Property Manager for this award-winning Estate Agency in Winchester, Hampshire
Permanent Winchester, Hampshire | £20k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2022-02-06 06 February 2022 Closing date for applications: 06 April 2022
This upmarket and award-winning firm of estate agents and chartered surveyors is looking to recruit a Property Manager to join their Regional Property Management Department. This company balances its distinguished history with modern services and a cutting-edge approach.
You will be responsible for the efficient management of the let property portfolio for the Newbury Lettings Office and will oversee the entire process from the tenancy start up to the termination stage, in a manner that satisfies agreed departmental targets. The position will be based 1 day from home, 2 days in Winchester and 2 days in Newbury.
Responsibilities will include:
- Administering the management of let residential properties to include efficient and correct handling of problems arising during the tenancy, managing any repairs, compliance, overseeing check-ins and check-outs as necessary and dealing with any arrears
- Conducting property inspections as required, advising Landlords of any changes or issues arising. Promptly notifying tenants of any areas where action is required
- Overseeing the checkout process and liaising with all parties to negotiate a speedy and satisfactory conclusion to deposit matters
- Managing the relationship with the landlord, including reporting and accounts matters
- Identifying and recommending need for property upgrades and refurbishment, organising any between tenancy work, including that arising from dilapidations to allow for a timely re-let to maximise Landlord’s income
- Understanding the area and developing a sound knowledge of property rents and values and desired presentation of properties together with a keen awareness of local competition
- Updating records and maximising the use of databases such as Reapit to ensure all property and tenant details are up to date
- Maintaining a working knowledge of compliance information such as Landlord and Tenant/Tenancy Law and Money Laundering.
- Maintaining close communication with person/s primarily responsible at all times
- Supporting the excellent reputation of the company by providing a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients and tenants who visit or contact the office
- Consistently maintaining a high standard of record keeping and communications to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance
- Being a positive influence within the team, helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment
- Contributing to the success of the company with regard to cross-selling and other opportunities by understanding the functions of and communicating effectively with other departments.
Skills & knowledge:
- Ideally have experience within residential property management, however, our client is also willing to consider somebody with a lettings/lettings administration background
- ARLA qualifications would be an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellence in terms of maintaining confidentiality
- Strong administrative, computer skills – experience using residential software packages
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good negotiating skills
- Highly numerate
- Ability to build long term relationships
- Full UK driving licence and own car.
The salary package for this role will be up to £30,000 dependent on the level of experience and qualifications. Our client offers a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.