Property Manager – Block Management Department – Property and Estate Management – Central London
Permanent Victoria, London | £30k to £32k Inc Benefits 32000
Job Posted: 2016-05-18 18 May 2016 Closing date for applications: 18 July 2016
This organisation specialises in the management of properties in some of central London’s most prestigious areas. They provide full professional property management services for a portfolio of freehold / leasehold developments and individual properties on behalf of freehold clients, developers and resident management companies.
The company is currently looking to recruit an experienced Property Manager / Block Manager for their Victoria office based in the City of Westminster.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparing all service charge budgets
- Handling all leaseholder correspondence
- Handling all lease assignments/ solicitors enquiries related to the portfolio
- Attending Board, AGM/EGM and residents meetings, including evening meetings and take appropriate minutes
- Undertaking regular site inspections/meetings/surveys in accordance with the contractual obligations of the organisation and additional visits as required
- Ensuring that all properties in the portfolio are insured including dealing with all claims renewals and enquiries regarding the policy
- Preparing and agreeing scope of works for simple repairs and instructing surveyors/contractors in relation to other repairs. Following through all instructions issued and ensuring completed in time, cost and quality parameters
- Co-ordinating all legal proceedings for ground rent/service charge arrears and other breach of the lease, including attendance at court to give evidence as necessary
- Reviewing and developing changes to estate management policy and procedures
- Providing out of hours emergency service – this involves taking calls on the emergency out of hours mobile (on a rota basis with other members of the Property Management team)
- Providing all other necessary professional services for the portfolio in the interests of good estate management
- Supporting the rest of property management team/department with existing portfolio when necessary
Providing support to the Business Development Department, if required, as follows:
- Meeting with clients to discuss the management requirements for new sites
- Preparing service charge estimates for new sites using site plans and technical specifications
- Attending training courses to keep abreast of changes in working practices and legislation and provide briefings to other members of staff.
General skills & knowledge required:
- Some leasehold management experience
- Good communicator both verbally and in written communications
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Must be able to work in a pressurised environment
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel and Word
This position is a Monday to Friday role and the salary level will be in the region of £30,000 to £32,000 depending on the level of experience. The role is available for an immediate start. The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org