Property Inspector – Large Independent Property Group – Epsom, Surrey
Permanent Epsom, Surrey | £19k Inc Benefits
Job Posted: 2016-09-22 22 September 2016 Closing date for applications: 22 November 2016
Our client is an award winning, strong independently owned property group with an enviable market share. They are currently looking for a Property Inspector to join their busy and primary located office in the centre of Epsom, Surrey. The company specialise in residential sales, lettings and land and new homes with a network of over 100 offices nationally.
The ideal person will have some relevant experience in the property industry and must feel comfortable working alone for a large portion of the day. Given that a large part of the job will involve diary management and working independently, this role will suit someone who is highly reliable and trustworthy. The majority of the working day will be spent out inspecting properties around all of the company’s branches so the location base could be flexible.
- To plan and manage a quarterly visit programme to all properties in the portfolio
- Manage all client notifications of the visits and liaise with tenants where appointment times require changing
- Carry out thorough inspections (including photography) of landlord properties according to the company’s standards
- Compile reports to issue to Landlords and Tenants on the inspection including actions to remedy issues and dealing with matters arising as a result
- Liaising with Tenants and Landlords on those reports and managing any issues arising
- Recording all documents and noting discussions, actions and agreements on the client management system
- Liaising with property management team to deal with any maintenance issues noted during the inspection visits
- Control movement of keys and sign in/out keys for these visits and also assisting with key movements to contractors along with tenant keys.
- Assisting with general administration tasks within the support team
- Taking client calls and assisting with booking client appointments
- Over time to develop skills and experience in dealing with general work load within the office.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
- Interpersonal skills
- Confident and professional manner
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills
- Well presented
- Able to work to deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Able to build long lasting relationships – personable
- Experience of property inspections and visits
- Must have a full UK driving licence.
This role will provide a basic salary of £19,000 and a company car will also be provided.
The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday, 9am to 6.30pm and you will also be required to work Saturday’s on a rota basis.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.