Property Inspections Clerk – Management Department – Estate Agency
Permanent Reading, Berkshire | £20k to £22k Inc Benefits 22000
Job Posted: 2014-12-01 01 December 2014 Closing date for applications: 01 February 2015
This very well-established Reading estate agency is undoubtedly one of the market leaders in the town. They have a large team of professionals working across residential sales, lettings & property management, new homes, land, and business support. The company is recognised as an authority in the local market place with the most experienced and long serving team of staff in their residential and lettings departments. They have over 500 properties under full management and are currently looking to recruit a Property Inspections Clerk.
This role will involve the following:
- Planning and managing a quarterly visit programme to all properties in the portfolio
- Managing all client notifications of the visits and liaising with tenants where appointment times require changing
- Carrying out thorough inspections (including photography) of landlord properties
- Compiling reports to issue to Landlords and Tenants on the inspection including actions to remedy issues and dealing with matters arising as a result
- Liaising with tenants and landlords on those reports and managing any issues arising
- Recording all documents and noting discussions, actions and agreements on the client management system.
- Liaising with property management team to deal with any maintenance issues noted during the inspection visits
- Controlling movement of keys and sign in/out keys for these visits and also assisting with key movements to contractors along with tenant keys.
General Support work:
- Assisting with general administration tasks within the support team
- Taking client calls and assisting with booking client appointments
- Over time to develop skills and experience in dealing with general work load within the office
- Assisting with workload in the sales/lettings office to support if busy
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following skills:
- Knowledge of the property lettings estate agency industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active and adaptable, with the ability to both methodically follow processes and to work on own initiative
- Solution-focused team player, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a professional and flexible approach to working with colleagues
- Ability to liaise with clients in a confident and professional manner
- Ability to handle complex disputes and negotiate successful outcomes and sell these to parties in dispute
- Ability to multi-task and to remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrable experience within a busy property management role and experience of property visits and inspections would be beneficial, but by no means essential.
This role will involve working from 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and every other Saturday. If you work a Saturday you get a half day off the following week. The salary on offer is likely to be in the range of £20,000 to £22,000, and you will get 20 days leave rising to 22 days after 2 years service, and then a further day a year up to 25 days after five years’ service.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org