Property Administrator – Well Established Professional Property Practice – Putney, South West London
Permanent Putney, London | £21k to £23k Inc Benefits 23000
Job Posted: 2016-11-11 11 November 2016 Closing date for applications: 11 January 2017
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced Property Administrator to join this well-established professional property practice. This company are actively involved in general professional work, surveying, residential and commercial property management, block management and more. The business has an excellent reputation and has grown entirely on recommendations over the years.
Our client is currently looking for a Property Administrator to join the team in their primary located office in Putney, South West London.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the management of an allocated portfolio of residential and commercial properties, providing efficient and accurate administrative duties for the day to day management of the schemes resulting in a good working knowledge and familiarity with the property portfolio.
You do not need previous property administration experience for this role, but you need to have excellent communication skills – written and verbally, as well as being highly organised and a hard worker.
The job role will include but not exclusive to:
- Be the first point of contact and promptly and confidently receive, handle and respond to calls and queries from leaseholders, contractors or any other persons who may call or visit the offices
- Promptly acknowledge all communication whether by email or written and prioritise to file/respond where required in a timely manner
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Property Manager to effectively and efficiently manage your day to day priorities and work requirements.
- Update the pre-sale enquiry packs in conjunction with the Conveyance Department and assist in ensuring an accurate response is provided within agreed timeframes.
- Promptly complete Change of Leasehold and Change of Address requirements and ensure Leaseholders details are maintained up to date on Property Management software
- Complete mail merges as instructed, ensure all emails and paper correspondence is sent the same day. Letters addressed outside of the UK should be emailed where possible
- Deal promptly and efficiently to all reactive maintenance enquiries within guidelines given by the Property Manager. Understand where costs may be outside of the service charge and payable by the leaseholder and deal with accordingly.
- Promptly log insurance claims and manage all claims efficiently and effectively in liaison with the insurance broker and loss adjuster. Escalate any claim beyond your capacity to Property Manager.
- Assist the Property Manager and surveyors, consultants and contractors in the management of major works projects
- Assist in ensuring that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to and arrange necessary Risk Assessments. Ensure necessary steps and taken to ensure compliance with risk assessments and Health and Safety management system is kept up to date
- Assist in the management of site staff including checking petty cash records. To receive and record all site staff annual leave entitlement and holiday forms and ensure cover is arranged where applicable. Keep records of attendance and absences and report to Property Manager. Ensure that overtime sheets are passed to the Property Manager by the agreed date each month and check these against the monthly payroll.
- Assist in ensuring that all site staff are supplied the correct uniform allowance and assist the Property Manager in ensuring that the site staff receive the correct benefits in accordance with their contract and receive the suitable training.
- Ensure that the out-of-hours service database holds the most up to date information and the out-of-hours service is promptly notified of any changes in the information.
- Ensure that all plant inspection reports carried out by the insurance company are promptly sent to the maintenance contractor and promptly report any urgent matters to the Property Manager.
- Assist with preparing and delivering all communication to leaseholders in a timely manner including letters, emails, notices, newsletters, websites etc
- Access the Property Management Software programme to respond to any leaseholder query relating to a service charge, ground rent account, rent or a query from a supplier
- Maintain a close working relationship with Property Management Team and field calls for other team members when required and deal with accordingly
- Undertake all duties usually associated with leasehold property management, in accordance with agreed company procedures, the management agreements and the legal documentation in place
- Perform all duties that the Company and its clients’ deem are in the better interests of any scheme or in the promotion of the business
- Be courteous and professional in all dealings with clients, customers, contractors and general public
- Endeavour to remain informed of new relevant legislation and best practice guidelines
- Perform all duties of the out-of-hours point of contact on a rotational basis
- Perform administrative duties and reasonable personal assistant duties to senior members of the team
- Report to your Property Manager and ensure that they are aware of your progress and providing you with the correct level of support and assistance that is required in order to undertake the role successfully
- Assist with the preparation of a tailored development plan for personal growth and career development.
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of relevant Landlord and Tenant Act, RICS, ARMA Guidelines and Regulations and best practices on disseminating residential block property management services preferable
- Knowledge of London building structures and developments including purpose built and conversions
- The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse client group and with both internal and external staff
- Excellent written communication skills and numerical skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft packages and knowledge of QUBE would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – ability to multi-task
- Able to work effectively in a team
- A commitment to providing good customer service
- To develop skills to be able to manage own portfolio with direct supervision
- Will need at least 2 years professional experience (property experience not essential)
This role will be paying up to £23,000 dependent on experience.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday with additional benefits.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.