Portfolio Manager – Multi-Award Winning Developer – Putney, South West London
Permanent Putney, South West London | £40k to £50k 50000
Job Posted: 2017-04-18 18 April 2017 Closing date for applications: 18 June 2017
A fantastic opportunity has become available at this multi-award winning developer of bespoke high-end residential properties. This company owns and rents out a portfolio of high end properties, as well as developing new build properties, either to sell or add to their rental portfolio.
Our client is currently looking for a Portfolio Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that the day to day management of remedial and maintenance works are carried out in a cost-effective and timely manner.
If you are keen and able to provide a high level of service to landlords and tenants alike, have great attention to detail and enjoy problem solving, then this could be the perfect role for you.
The role will include:
- Obtaining competitive quotes and requesting approvals from the company’s directors prior to instructing suppliers, and following through to ensure satisfactory completion
- Maintaining up to date Property Management and Specification Schedules
- Managing all utility accounts and ensuring utility companies are informed of any relevant changes in tenants, supplying meter readings and other details as necessary
- Accompanying lettings agents on viewings, representing the company in a competent and professional manner.
The key tasks of the Portfolio Manager will include:
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with contractors, service suppliers and tenants
- Representing the company at viewings along with letting agents, to ensure agents represent the property in the best light, to demonstrate the company’s commitment as landlord to the tenant and to respond to candidates’ questions
- Responding to tenants’ issues, maintaining communication and arranging contractors, suppliers and service providers as necessary, ensuring that agreed timescales are met
- Attending properties to assess requirements of issues to ensure appropriate actions are taken and when contractors carry out remedial works to ensure satisfactory completion
- Managing the administration of tenant details on internal systems and ensuring notifications are completed with local authority and utility providers
- Maintaining the Maintenance Schedule to include all actions needed in relation to each property, with details of responsibility and timelines to conclude actions. Managing liaison and communication with internal and external contractors and suppliers to complete necessary maintenance actions
- Maintaining Property Management and Specification Schedule to include all existing and new information relevant to each property
- Agreeing schedule of contractors, suppliers and service providers to provide full range of trades and services to meet maintenance, remedial work and protection for property portfolio, agreeing the company’s commercial terms and conditions and service levels as necessary
- Managing financial information, to include checking of invoices against works carried out and dealing with queries with contractors, suppliers and service providers
- Ensuring properties are prepared for letting during turnaround period to maintain a high standard of presentation. Determining remedial works to be carried out and agreeing costings and work schedule with internal and external contractors and suppliers
- Monitoring the satisfactory and timely completion of the programme of works and within agreed budgets
- Providing general support to Lettings where required.
Key personal characteristics and capabilities:
- Experienced in high-end residential property marketing, management and lettings contracting
- High personal profile and positive relations with quality lettings agents
- Excellent personal and business communications skills
- Commercially capable
- Excellent customer service
- High attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Able to multi task and prioritise work load
- Self-starter and with well-developed team player skills
- Calm and retaining professionalism under pressure
- Car owner and able to travel to all properties as required.
The basic salary package included for this role will be in the region of £40,000 to £50,000 dependent on previous experience.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.