Operations Manager working in the Private Rental and Build to Rent sector in Bracknell, Berkshire
Permanent Bracknell, Berkshire | £35k to £45k 45000
Job Posted: 2017-07-28 28 July 2017 Closing date for applications: 28 September 2017
An exciting career opportunity has arisen to work within the Corporate Private Rented Sector (PRS) and Build to Rent (BtR) sector with this large estate agency group.
We have been instructed by our client to recruit an Operations Manager to manage this department which will include a team of Portfolio Managers, administrators and a client account manager. This involves managing institutionally owned and managed residential rental properties that are usually in high density in a single geographical location. The Build to Rent sector, in particular, has seen a huge emergence in the past 18 months and this sector offers homes that are designed and built specifically for renting.
You will be responsible for managing this department which will be dealing with the day-to-day property management of residential portfolios owned by these corporate clients, which include large institutions and private wealth. The primary motivation of these investors is to keep their buildings fully-occupied with satisfied tenants. That means offering longer tenancies, other flexibilities (to personalise the home for example), good onsite amenities, and good transport links for easy commuting.
The role will involve the following:
- Responsible for the day to day running of a Team of Portfolio Managers, Administrators and client account managers
- Providing excellent customer service to corporate landlords and their tenants
- Effectively supervising and motivating a team of Portfolio Managers
- Supporting the company brand
- Monthly auditing to adherence to company and department process
- Monitoring Portfolio Manager Dashboards on the relevant system to ensure Portfolio Managers are meeting agreed requirements
- Connecting with the company retail network at an appropriate level to ensure delivery of service
- Pro-actively ensuring that all written communications on behalf of the Department are accurate to the best of your knowledge, conforming to ARLA requirements and are professional in every respect
- Dealing with team HR issues, carrying out disciplinary action/holding meetings with team members where necessary
- Understanding and identifying personal training and development needs
- Complying with all Legislation, attending relevant courses to keep up to date with any changes, or pending changes to the law
- Overseeing smooth transition of any new portfolios/acquisition portfolios to the team
- Seeking opportunities to contribute to develop self and to meet current and future business goals
- Completing ad-hoc projects as requested by management.
- Experience within residential property management essential
- Qualification to ARLA /NFOPP Legal Advanced Level or Equivalent
- First class customer service skills
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively and comfortable / excited at using their own initiative in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change regularly
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship skills, with a strong customer centric approach (comfortable working with colleagues at all levels within the organisation)
- High levels of energy, drive, enthusiasm with a passion for developing themselves and being an active and supportive member of a high performing team.
This salary will be in the region of £35,000 to £45,000 dependent on the level of experience of the individual.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.