Operations Manager – Highly Regarded Property Investment Company – Chertsey, Surrey
Permanent Chertsey, Surrey | £35k to £40k Inc Benefits OTE 40000
Job Posted: 2016-09-09 09 September 2016 Closing date for applications: 09 November 2016
A fantastic role has become available at a well-respected and rapidly growing residential property investment and property management company specialising in the search and management of rentals on behalf of high net worth individuals.
Our client is currently looking for an Operations Manager to manage a team of property managers and administrators and be responsible for the expanding stock of properties managed by the company. This role will be based in Chertsey, Surrey.
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
Fully understanding the Sales and Lettings processes as shown below in order to be able to monitor and if necessary perform if the team is short staffed.
- Advise Landlord when notice from tenant is received
- Liaise with agents to get valuation at property and update the Landlord of this
- Update Landlord weekly of how the marketing process is going (viewings etc) on both the Sales and Lettings of properties.
- Liaise with the property management department whenever works are needed
- Monitoring reference website for updates/results
- Send Landlord’s reference results for their approval
- Draw up agreements and standing orders
- Arrange check in appointments for new tenancies
- Send out agent terms and monitor these
- Administer changes of tenancies
- Attending weekly meetings with the Sales department to provide updates.
You will also need to fully understand the Property Management processes as demonstrated below as you may have to manage a small portfolio in addition to standing in for a Property Manager.
- Assess check in reports and notify Landlord of any works required
- Set up appointment for first inspection visit
- Taking calls from Tenants reporting maintenance issues
- Liaise with Landlord with regards to how they would like these issues dealt with if necessary
- Raise work orders with appropriate local contractors for works to be done
- Monitoring all work orders on a weekly basis and chase up contractors for status reports
- Cross referencing invoices and work orders and authorising these for accounts to action
- Issuing renewal documentation
- Arranging check out appointments
- Liaise between Landlords and Tenants with regard to settling the deposit
- Compile paperwork for disputes if required
Board responsibilities include:
- Attending Board Meetings on a monthly basis
- Liaise with accounts department to ensure that portfolio numbers on the database match the Management spreadsheet
- Compile statistics for the Board to show the number of properties let or renewed in the previous month along with average increases for both sets of figures
- Liaise with Letting/Sale Administrators to calculate the % of properties occupied across the portfolio
- Report on any properties unoccupied for over a month and why
- Provide a report on time between new handovers and their occupancy and highlight those not let within 30 days to Sales Director
- Monitor deposits not settled within 30 days of tenancy and report on any issues
- Report on losses of units within the previous month and reasons why
- Report on arrears on tenancies and what action has been taken
- Updating the board on any staffing issues
- Participate on any discussions raised by other departments.
Management responsibilities include:
- Ongoing monitoring of Property Manager’s organisers to ensure that all tasks are being carried out within an acceptable time frame
- Continual monitoring of Lettings Board and question properties that are sticking
- Conduct interviews with potential contractors
- Run reports as and when required by Directors
- Attend site meetings as and when required by clients
- Respond to complaints made by tenants/landlords as escalated by Team members
- Conducting one to one interviews
- Conducting the recruitment of new team members
- Undergoing the initial training of new team members on the software system and company policies and procedures
- Conduct ongoing training with all team members
- Carry out weekly team meetings to discuss new legislation, processes and any issues the team have come across in the week.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent communicator – written and verbally
- Leadership skills
- Able to motivate and manage a team
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Highly organised
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Professional manner
- Proficient use of the Microsoft packages
- ARLA qualification advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous office/operations management experience
- Previous Residential estate agency experience beneficial
- Use of RPS database useful.
The initial salary package included for this fantastic role will be in the region of £35,000 to £40,000 dependent on the level of experience.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org