Office Manager / PA at this leading, independent Estate Agency in Reading, Berkshire
Permanent Reading, Berkshire | £40k to £45k 45000
Job Posted: 2017-08-19 19 August 2017 Closing date for applications: 19 October 2017
This is a superb opportunity to join one of Reading’s leading, independent estate agencies. They are undoubtedly one of the towns’ market-leaders and whilst they are one of the longest established agencies in the area, they are now at the cutting edge of innovation in estate agency.
The role involves being responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administrative functions of the office; making sure that it runs smoothly and that its presentation reflects the high standards expected by clients and customers. You will be the principal point of contact for HR matters; overseeing the training, recruitment and performance review processes in conjunction with the HR consultants.
Additionally, you will be the principal point of contact for other areas that support the business including legal and compliance, Health and Safety, and corporate social responsibility. You also play a pivotal role in supporting the executive board and the Managing Director in particular in your role as their Personal Assistant.
Responsibilities will include:
In your role as Office Manager, you will be expected to undertake all/some of the following:
- Managing the daily running of the office: ensuring that it runs smoothly and effectively by managing office requirements such as utility suppliers, HR consultants, contract cleaners, data providers, insurances, company cars, office and equipment maintenance
- Responsible for the IT structure and systems including the supplier service levels
- Overseeing the training, recruitment and performance review processes as well as, implementing and maintaining comprehensive personnel files and ensure that we comply with employment best practice
- Acting as the administrative co-ordinator for the company assisting in the Executive Management team to ensure that it continues as an industry leading learning and development programme for the staff
- Managing other areas that support the company’s professional services including legal and compliance, Health and Safety, and corporate social responsibility.
In your role as PA you are expected to undertake all/some of the following:
- Managing the Managing Director’s diary, organising internal and external meetings, making travel arrangements, and ensuring that he is properly briefed and is “in the right place at the right time”
- Organising corporate events, staff socials and client hospitality including events held at the company offices and externally. Managing all aspects including acting as host for events as required
- Organising and prepare all monthly ‘whole company’ team meetings
- Preparing agendas and attend executive meetings and take minutes as required
- Providing support for the Managing Director’s personal household requirements as required
- Dealing with corporate matters on behalf of the Managing Director as required
- Prepare reports and statistics for the Managing Director and Development Director as required.
You will be passionate about customer service and the continuous improvement of processes and procedures. As such, you will help the senior management facilitate change. For example:
- Preparing papers / presentations that help the executive team “sell-in” new concepts and/or ideas to the management team and/or all staff
- Helping the executive team project manage the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Working with the heads of departments to identify areas for improvement and simplify, standardise and systemise processes
- Being the champion for customer care across the business and instigate initiatives that help the business improve its customer offerings
- Being a champion for internal communication and ensure that news and events are communicated to all in a timely manner
- Undertaking project work as required. For example, implementing new systems that help improve client engagement.
- The ability to work in a target driven environment
- A team-builder: being supportive and assertive
- An organised and methodical approach
- Inspire the team through your actions
- Ability to pre-empt client’s requirements/concerns and address them in a positive and proactive manner
- You will be proficient with current technical programs including MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Web management, etc. You will also be comfortable managing sophisticated systems
- You will have a broad understanding of Human Resources and, in conjunction with the external HR Consultants, you will stay on top of laws, regulations, safety and/or industry stipulations, and you will be the initial contact for interviews, contracts, holidays, and any HR related questions
- Preferably you will have a HR related qualification (eg CIPD, ILM or “Human Resources in Management”)
- You have the ability to manage a number of special projects, such as new office design, online customer service reviews, and the integration of new businesses
- The health and well-being of you and the staff is of paramount importance and you will need to ensure that the environments in which you operate are safe and that any issues are reported immediately.
This excellent opportunity is ideal for a career-minded, ambitious individual. The position will come with a salary of £40,000 to £45,000.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: email@example.com.