New Homes Sales Negotiator – Leading Independent Estate Agency – Reading, Berkshire
Permanent Reading, Berkshire | £38k to £45k Inc Benefits OTE 45000
Job Posted: 2016-02-16 16 February 2016 Closing date for applications: 16 April 2016
Our client is a leading independent and the longest established agency in Reading. In addition to their residential sales, lettings and property management departments, they also have a dedicated land and new homes team in which they are looking for a New Homes Sales Negotiator. The role will be based in their brand new and prominent office in the town centre of Reading and at the various new homes sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity as this company is Reading’s lead agency for new homes sales and work very closely with some of the nation’s top developers.
For individuals to be considered for this role, you will either have previous new homes sales experience or can demonstrate a proven track record in a different sales environment. The new homes sales advisers working for this company play a vital role in their new homes process. The successful candidate represents both the company and the developer; therefore you must give prospective clients the best level of service to match them to the house or apartment that meets their needs.
- Maintaining the highest standards of presentation of the site sales office, show homes, gardens and public areas in each site whilst on duty. Must wear either developers uniform or in the absence of a provided uniform follow the companies new homes site advisers dress code
- Liaising with the developers site manager and other staff to ensure that site safety rules are adhered to and being responsible for the safety of themselves, other colleagues and the public whilst on site
- Setting up daily the office/show home and operating all IT systems – telephone/computer/answer-phone etc. as required
- Operating the site sales office and dealing directly with site enquiries and telephone prospects as well as web prospects and leads generated from the main office/client or clients.
- Make effective home presentations (viewings) to prospects that stress the features and benefits of the homes. Either as part of general site presence or on an individual appointment basis.
- Qualifying prospects for purchase and using negotiating skills to close the sale
- Liaising with legal professionals, finance providers etc to monitor progression and ensure that sales are progressed to exchange and completion within agreed timescales
- As required by the needs of the business to carry out off-plan sales, operate a sales function or sales activities whilst based at the office utilising all the processes and procedures required to progress from reservation to completion.
- Managing prospects by daily working through the agency database of potential buyers and keeping in close contact with them
- Delivering the highest standards of customer service throughout the transaction in order to exceed customers expectations and deliver fantastic feedback from buyers
- Operating within an environment of daily/weekly and monthly targets
- Maintain an effective working knowledge of the market place including local competitors, preparation of reports about the marketplace and producing local information sheet
- Provide a range of standard company reports to client and line management
- Ensuring finished homes when released exactly match the plan drawings and reporting any discrepancies immediately to line manager
- Promoting the services of the company where appropriate in order to provide great service and generate additional revenues
- Maintaining a high standard of knowledge of the legal framework around home purchasing
- Operating daily in adherence to the company’s new homes operating standards and procedures
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of the property development/ estate agency industry would be beneficial
- Knowledge of legal matters and financial guidelines relevant to the industry
- Educated to at least an A level standard
- Able to negotiate and close deals
- Able to influence and persuade
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Smart and presentable
- Ability to liaise with clients in a confident and professional manner
- Self-motivated, pro-active and adaptable, with the ability to both methodically follow processes and to work on own initiative
- Must be a strong team player in order to become an integral part of the team along with the current client
The hours of work will generally be from 8.30am to 5.30pm in the office, however when on site this may vary. You will also be required to work some weekends but days off in lieu will be given back for this.
The initial package for this fantastic role will be an attractive basic salary of £18,000 to £24,000 depending on experience, and on target earnings achieved can be from £38,000 to £45,000 dependent on performance.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org