Lettings Manager – Independent Estate Agency – Horsham, West Sussex
Permanent Horsham, West Sussex | £35k to £40k Inc Benefits OTE 40000
Job Posted: 2015-10-20 20 October 2015 Closing date for applications: 20 December 2015
This highly successful estate agency with an enviable market share in Horsham is currently looking to recruit an experienced individual to run their Lettings department in their well located office in East Street, Horsham. To be considered for this role you will need to have worked in Lettings for several years, and preferably have already worked at managerial level, though this is not a prerequisite as the employer may consider a highly ambitious senior negotiator or assistant manager looking to make the next step up the career ladder.
This is a very busy office so you will need to have excellent organisational skills. Our client is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a proven track record of winning instructions, someone who is capable of maintaining and growing the existing business levels, and of motivating and managing a small but successful team. ARLA Level 1 is preferred though is not essential.
The team consists of an experienced Lettings Negotiator, a Property Manager, a Client Accounts Assistant and an Administrator.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Initial contact with prospective applicants and landlords
- Conducting viewings with prospective tenants
- Valuing properties for prospective landlords
- Negotiating the terms of the tenancy agreement
- Processing references for tenants
- Handling cash fees where appropriate
- Daily banking of any monies received
- Drawing up of tenancy agreements including any necessary revisions
- Inputting all necessary information onto the computer system
- Overcoming any issues that may arise during the referencing process
- Arranging safety checks, inventories and check-ins
- Liaising with landlords, tenants and when necessary contractors during the tenancy term
- Raise any notices required at the end of the term of the tenancy
- Ensuring that properties are efficiently re-marketed when tenancies expire
- Liaising with other members of the team to ensure that all opportunities are converted effectively
- Through regular contact efficiently manage both tenant and landlord databases
This exciting opportunity comes with an attractive basic salary and on target earnings of about £40,000. The company will also provide a company car or an allowance. The hours are Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 6.30pm, Fridays, 8.30am to 6.00pm, and Saturdays 9.00am to 5.00pm on a rota basis.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 4514674, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org