Lettings Coordinator – Student Accommodation Services Team – Guildford, Surrey
Permanent Guildford, Surrey | £26k to £29k 29000
Job Posted: 2017-03-23 23 March 2017 Closing date for applications: 23 May 2017
An interesting and varied role has become available with a Student Accommodation Services team as a Lettings Coordinator. The role will be based in their office in Guildford where you will be working as part of a team supporting the day to day running of the lettings agency.
The successful candidate will be part of the Lettings Agency for private sector rented accommodation. They will ensure that the agency’s core mission of providing a high quality and financially sustainable commercial service to landlords is successfully combined with providing a free and comprehensive advice and support service to University students.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team who have created a bespoke service that truly caters to the needs of the student population within Guildford.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Letting Agency Manager to develop the new agency, including designing processes and procedures, branding product and working with colleagues from across the University to raise awareness of this new service
- Create and implement awareness raising campaigns in relation to the Letting Agency and the services it provides
- Actively seek to increase the number of landlords utilising the services of the new agency
- Manage landlord and tenant relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Provide advice and guidance to students, tenants and landlords on their rights and responsibilities, including providing guidance on the local housing conditions within Guildford and other local towns
- Provide advice and guidance to students who are looking to rent in the private sector, including information on process, legalities and the local rental market
- Supervise temporary and contract staff or colleagues from within the department to help support the work of the agency, especially during busy times of the year
- Keep systems and software up-to-date in relation to property, landlord and tenant details, ensuring that items are logged / recorded in a timely fashion
- Support the work to create and maintain the systems, processes, procedures and policies necessary to manage an efficient and high quality service.
- A level qualified and relevant experience
- Significant experience of providing advice to those renting, or looking to rent, in the private sector
- Experience of providing housing advice to students
- Good IT skills and able to use standard packages such as Microsoft
- Flexibility to work in busy periods
- Able to build rapport with Landlords and Tenants
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Negotiation skills
- NFOPP qualification would be beneficial
- Full UK driving licence required for viewings and visiting properties.
This exciting role includes a salary package of £26,000 to £29,000 dependent on the level of experience. The company also offers fantastic benefits.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.