Lettings Co-ordinator – Accomodation Services – Guildford, Surrey
Permanent Guildford, Surrey | £25k to £29k Inc Benefits OTE 29000
Job Posted: 2016-04-19 19 April 2016 Closing date for applications: 19 June 2016
An interesting and varied role has become available at a Student Accommodation Services team as a Lettings Co-ordinator. The role will be based in their office in Guildford and you will be a part of a team supporting the day to day running of the University’s private sector lettings agency.
You will be working closely with the Letting Agency Manager to ensure that the agency provides a high quality and financially sustainable service to Landlords and is successfully combined with providing a free and comprehensive advice and support service to University students.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills as you will be speaking to both Landlords and Tenants to ensure a positive experience throughout their interactions with the company’s service.
Outline of Job responsibilities:
- Work with the Letting Agency Manager to set up and launch the new agency, including designing processes and procedures, branding product and working with colleagues from across the University to raise awareness of this new service.
- Actively seek to increase the number of landlords utilising the services of the new agency.
- Manage landlord and tenant relationships on a day-to-day basis.
- Undertake advertising and viewings of properties.
- Keep systems and software up-to-date in relation to property, landlord and tenant details, ensuring that items are logged / recorded in a timely fashion.
- Provide advice and guidance to students, tenants and landlords on their rights and responsibilities, including providing guidance on the local housing conditions within Guildford and other local towns.
- Supervise temporary and contract staff or colleagues from within the department to help support the work of the agency, especially during busy times i.e. September and March.
- Support the work to create and maintain the systems, processes, procedures and policies necessary to manage an efficient and high quality service.
- A level qualified and relevant experience
- Good working knowledge of private sector residential lettings market
- Good IT skills and able to use standard packages such as Microsoft
- Flexibility to work in busy periods
- Full UK driving licence required for viewings and visiting properties
- Able to build rapport with Landlords and Tenants
- Organisational skills
- Able to problem solve and make decisions
- Negotiation skills
This exciting role includes a salary package of £25,000 to £29,000 dependent on the level of experience.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org