Lettings Administrator for this privately-owned Estate Agency in Royal Wharf, East London
Permanent Royal Wharf, East London | £20k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2022-05-01 01 May 2022 Closing date for applications: 01 July 2022
Our client is one of the UK’s privately-owned real estate agencies, recently named ‘Best Lettings Agent’ out 15,000 agencies in the country! Due to the ongoing success of the business, they are looking to recruit a Lettings Administrator to provide administrative expertise and support for the thriving Lettings Department.
With branches across prime London locations and internationally, they are always on the lookout for motivated, determined and tenacious team-players who are looking to grow with them as a business.
This role will include the following:
- Assisting and supporting the Lettings Progressors with any administration work required in line with progressing a new tenancy
- Ensuring all supporting documents for Landlords are received and uploaded to the database before a property is able to go to on the market
- Correctly adding all updated Terms and Conditions for landlords onto the database and inform all relevant departments
- Tenancy deposit registration/renewal deposit registration/un-protection
- Arranging property cleanings, inventories and to action special requirements agreed on the offer
- Ensuring property compliance regarding EPC, EICR, HMOs and all other licensing requirements
- Assisting the Lettings Progressors with the processing of change of tenancies and ownerships on the system
- Understanding of building, content, rent insurance and eviction cover and uploading policies to the database
- Assisting with customers’, clients’ and suppliers’ enquiries in the office
- Completing of all other business administration duties and projects as assigned.
- Previous administration/lettings experience within residential estate agency
- Knowledge of property and/or law would be preferred (NFoPP must be undertaken within first 6 months of employment)
- Commitment to provide the highest level of customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels via telephone, letter, email and in person
- Exceptional organizational, time management and prioritising skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Outstanding attention to details
- Being able to work on own initiative
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office package and general office skills.
The salary on offer for this role will be between £20,000 and £30,000 depending on the level of experience and qualifications. There is also a 10% KPI bonus incentive!
Superb benefits include 25 days holiday (extra days for length of service) plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday, NFoPP qualification funding and other industry training, clear career development, private healthcare, employee of the month perks, company parties, team building events, time off to complete charity work and more!
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.