Lettings Account Assistant – Award Winning Estate Agency – West Horsley, Surrey
Permanent West Horsley, Surrey | £24k Inc Benefits
Job Posted: 2016-02-16 16 February 2016 Closing date for applications: 16 April 2016
This award-winning Surrey Estate Agency is looking to recruit a Lettings Account Assistant to be a part of their Finance team in the Head Quarters office based in West Horsley. This company has several offices together with specialist departments spread across Surrey, focusing on sales of residential property, residential lettings and mortgage services.
The team, in which you will be working alongside with, consists of 6 people who are responsible for all the finance and accounting aspects. Due to the expansion of the lettings business, they are now looking to recruit for a Lettings Account Assistant to support the Lettings Accountant.
To be considered for this role, you would need previous experience in an Administrative role as it is a very ‘hands on’ position covering the accounting aspects of the lettings operations. Previous experience within an Accounting environment would be preferable but not essential.
Job specification for this role:
- Assist the Lettings Accountant in the day to day running of the Lettings Accounts Section
- Download banks on daily basis
- Reconcile bank statements
- Chase rent arrears
- Post receipts to landlords accounts
- Prepare Bacs run for payments to landlords and suppliers
- Send supplier statements to landlords
- Allocate all fees received, both tenant and landlord
- Assist in the preparation of negotiator and office commissions
- Assist in the preparation of month end reports
- Responsible for filing purchase ledger invoices and documentation
- Liaison with the company’s directors and answering queries as they arise
- Other administration duties when necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Smart and well presented
- Personable and friendly
- Excellent computer skills e.g. Word and Excel
- A self-starter and proactive with managing workload
- The ideal candidate would have previous experience within an Accounting department including knowledge of lettings operations.
- Attention to detail is essential
- A good team player
This great opportunity comes with a basic salary of £24,000 and includes a pension scheme. The hours of work will be from 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: