Land Manager for this boutique Property Developer in Hampshire, South East England
Permanent , Hampshire | £50k to £150k 150000
Job Posted: 2021-12-19 19 December 2021 Closing date for applications: 15 February 2022
Are you a Land Buyer/Manager looking for something a little different? Would you like to work for a company that truly cares about their impact on the environment, so much so that they have spent thousands of hours researching energy-efficient heat recovery, biologically optimised lighting, natural ventilation systems and much more? Then this may be the role for you!
This boutique property developer is currently looking to recruit a Land Manager to join their team in Hampshire.
To be considered for this role you will have previous experience as a Land Buyer or a Land Manager, with a background in buying land across Hampshire & Wiltshire. You will be looking to acquire sites both for development by the business, but also to sell to other developers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and appraising potential new sites, both for internal and external development
- Presenting detailed financial appraisals to the directors along with evidence led justifications
- Maintaining a network of contacts, inclusive of agents, private landowners, local authorities and utility companies
- Liaising with outside consultants (architects, engineers, planners etc.) to produce viable schemes
- Working closely with colleagues and external consultants in order to take sites through the planning stage
- Briefing solicitors with progress matters diligently through the contract
- Working with the team to review developments periodically and understand the company product to give consideration to future phases/developments
- Promoting long-term development sites via the local authorities’ emerging local/neighbourhood plans
- Assessing competitors’ past sites to understand values and how the schemes achieved planning.
- Good knowledge of the land market in the operating areas of the company and be able to identify opportunities
- A sound working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and be able to produce cost appraisals and plot analysis
- Experience of using appraisal software, or similar
- A high degree of numeracy skills
- Good knowledge of planning law and policy
- Ability to negotiate with public and private sector.
The salary on offer for this role will be commensurate with your level of experience, but will include a significant basic, a guaranteed salary in your initial employment and the opportunity for excellent on target earnings.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email Anthony Hesse at: firstname.lastname@example.org.