Junior Block Manager for this fast-growing hybrid Estate Agency in Waterloo, Central London
Permanent Waterloo, London | £25k to £33k 33000
Job Posted: 2022-02-14 14 February 2022 Closing date for applications: 14 April 2022
An exciting role has become available within this dynamic and fast-growing hybrid agency, offering a complete service for overseas investors, incorporating lettings, property management, sales, furniture, maintenance, refurbishment and block management.
Our client is looking for a hardworking Junior Block Manager who is looking for an opportunity to progress in the property sector. You will be managing a training portfolio of blocks and providing assistance to the department as required.
While training and support will be provided for the role, you will need to have at least 1 years’ experience working directly within block management and ideally be IRPM qualified or working towards your qualification.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directly managing a portfolio of leasehold blocks
- Conducting regular site visit inspections
- Arranging annual service charge budgets
- Arranging annual service charge and company accounts
- Ensuring health & safety assessments are conducted and processed correctly
- Arranging and coordinating quotes, repairs, and maintenance for the portfolio
- Dealing with insurance claims
- Managing consent & fees for the department (pets, subletting, etc).
- Holding client meetings for your portfolio
- Preparing Section 20 consultation notices and overseeing the tender process
- Arranging arrears collection for non-payment of service charges
- Assisting the Head of Block Management as required in light of continually improving department processes and procedures
- Progressing any independent projects assigned, as required
- Maintaining an awareness of relevant company procedures
- Keeping up to date with industry training and relevant legislation.
- 1+ years’ experience as a residential block manager
- IRPM qualified – preferred
- Proficient in landlord and tenant law
- High IT literacy, preferably with experience on Qube/Aspasia
- Good understanding of London’s residential property market
- Methodical in your working, ensuring enquiries are prioritised and dealt with efficiently
- Superb customer service skills
- Team player.
The salary for this role will be in the region of £25,000 to £33,000 depending on previous experience and qualifications.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email: email@example.com.