HR Manager at this award-winning Estate Agency in Bracknell, Berkshire
Permanent Bracknell, Berkshire | £30k to £40k 40000
Job Posted: 2018-06-16 16 June 2018 Closing date for applications: 16 August 2018
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the country’s leading and award winning independent estate agencies as the HR Manager to the Managing Director.
Based in Bracknell, you will be providing HR support to the Directors in order to enable them to maximise company growth through dynamic staff management and the development of an excellent company culture. You will also be maintaining complete employee documentation records and HR processes, so that they are in full compliance with all legislation relating to employment law and the principles of best practice in employee relations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for running the HR and Payroll Department
- Line managing the HR and Payroll Team and being responsible for their development and progression
- Ensuring all legal documents required by employees are up to date (e.g. car documents, evidence of right to work in the UK etc.)
- Liaising with Payroll to ensure commission schemes, debts, repayment plans and any deductions are accurately entered into the Payroll system and correct documentation is sent out to employees
- Ensuring all Employee Relations cases are recorded and managed through to completion with any required action/letters taken at the right time. Working closely with the Directors to undertake investigations/formal hearings etc, act as note-taker, compile investigation packs and assist in drafting intermediary and outcome letters
- Maintaining and developing the HR system (via the IT Department) for operational, compliance and employee benefit. Ensuring the system is maximised as a resource and works effectively and efficiently to support the HR team, employees and directors
- Ensuring all absences are entered correctly within the HR system
- Liaising with Payroll to ensure correct records are passed over. Flag excess sickness to the directors
- Ensuring all company benefit schemes are managed and maintained
- Ensuring the HR Team is run so that it is efficient, responsive, credible and welcoming to all employees and works smoothly with senior management and the directors
- Managing the company probation process, booking meetings, carrying out stats checks and following up on meetings ensuring documentation is uploaded into the system by the relevant Area Manager
- Ensuring that managers and Area Managers are carrying out performance management of their employees through analysing the details loaded on the HR system. Producing reports to demonstrate to the directors that all employees are receiving regular performance reviews and to flag any concerns
- Ensuring that all employees that are required to hold an industry qualification are supported through the training/exams for the relevant qualification as quickly as possible as well as other employees who wish to complete a company supported qualification
- Undertaking project work as required and directed by the Managing Director ensuring that you proactively drive projects forward and report back regularly. Keeping abreast of changes in employment law and where needed, advise what projects need to occur and your plan to complete it successfully.
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Knowledge and expertise in HR matters
- Experience in undertaking investigations and hearings in accordance with company procedures
- Experience in writing detailed and accurate employment letters
- Experience in actively managing a HR database with employee access and interaction (SelectHR experience is preferable)
- Team management experience
- Able to prioritise a high number of urgent tasks and delegate as required
- Able to confidently provide advice to senior management in the business and ensure that they follow instructions given in order to protect the business
- Ability to take contemporaneous notes during meetings that can be relied upon for their accuracy.
The salary for this role will be between £30,000 to £40,000 depending on previous experience. The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.