Health & Safety Co-ordinator – Lettings & Property Management Department
Permanent Richmond, Surrey | £20k to £24k Inc Benefits 24000
Job Posted: 2015-11-11 11 November 2015 Closing date for applications: 11 January 2016
This organisation is a leading Estate Agency brand with an enviable reputation. They are currently seeking a Health & Safety Co-ordinator to work within their highly successful Lettings & Property Management Department in Richmond, Surrey. The purpose of this role is to provide the company’s lettings offices with a central service for the monitoring and management of health and safety and best practice certification, contractor and landlord insurance certificates and contractor management.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to work within one of the industry’s top companies. The duties and responsibilities of this role include the following:
Health and Safety Compliance: Diary management of all health and safety requirements relating to properties under management to include Gas Safety, Electrical Inspection Condition Reports (EICR), Portable Appliance Testing as well as other legal property specific requirements
- Arranging inspections
- Liaising with Tenants and Contractors to ensure access is gained and testing is concluded within the required timeframe. At all times keeping Property Manager informed.
- Ensuring all identified and necessary remedial works are completed effectively and efficiently.
Contracts and Warranties: Diary management of all contracts and warranties, dealing with renewals, ensuring reports are received in accordance with the contract terms, etc.
Landlord Insurance: Obtaining copies of the Landlord Insurance and ensuring these are in date
ID: Checking ID for each new tenancy and updating LL, TT and Guarantor ID every three years
EPC: Checking EPC expiry and rating
- Ensuring all management systems are kept up to date and maintained
- Obtaining competitive quotations and for works
- Ensuring that only appropriate and suitable contractors are instructed.
- Raising work-orders and Invoice processing
- Obtaining Risk Assessments and Safe Working Method Statements as required
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times
- Raising fees for works instructed
- Achieving set KPI’s
The skill sets required:
- Good team player with a flexible approach to work
- Must have a strong work and service ethic and ability to work with targets
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Office
- Strong negotiation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Confident when dealing with clients
- Excellent telephone manner
Whilst the company would ideally like to employ a candidate with some lettings or management experience, this is by no means essential provided that the individual has strong administration skills and experience.
This is a Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm role where the basic salary will be in the £20,000 to £24,000 range depending on the level of experience of the successful candidate.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org