Head of Property Management for this specialist Lettings & Management Practice in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
Permanent Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire | £40k
Job Posted: 2019-11-29 29 November 2019 Closing date for applications: 29 January 2020
A superb opportunity has arisen for a Head of Property Management to join this specialist lettings & management practice in Rickmansworth, Herts. The business has a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture keen to grow and develop individuals and therefore offers broad, well rounded exposure for individuals who want to make a career for themselves in a successful and growing business.
This role involves managing and having entire responsibility for the large property management department. You will be expected to successfully lead the department and all of the staff within it to ensure high levels of customer service is delivered, at the same time as keeping to defined budgets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Individual management of all staff within the department, including managing
- performance, absence, time keeping, holiday approval, behaviour, disciplinary (in conjunction with the director)
- Ensuring staff have the correct capacity of work to deliver on service and to be productive within role
- Managing staff quarterly 121’s and personal development plans
- Managing staff annual appraisals and performance/salary reviews within budget guidelines
- Staff recruitment and training – planning ahead, planning resource levels, planning staff capacities
- Running key reports on a weekly basis – gas safety numbers, inspections, deposit returns & check outs, maintenance jobs, staff phone record reports, staff email numbers, works orders etc.
- Submitting reports to the director on weekly basis for discussion following day
- Reviewing staff KPI’s and taking action or give praise where necessary
- Organising daily morning meetings to ensure work and key tasks are prioritised for the day
- Organising a weekly meeting to catch up with whole team on progress for the week
- Quarterly planning – staff holidays, peak trading for clients, Christmas holidays, staff training etc.
- Creating a learning culture for all staff when dealing with complaints
- Where complaints are complicated or with difficult clients, then deal with whole complaint through to resolve and offer additional training to resolve for the future
- On a monthly basis – adhoc checks on random maintenance jobs, deposit returns etc.
- Creating team/department staff incentive schemes for staff to be motivated to hit their KPI’s
- Working with other Heads of Departments to bring a positive motivated culture for all staff to over deliver on service.
- Significant experience within a Head of Property Management position
- ARLA qualified
- Experience leading a large and successful team.
- Natural leadership skills – inspire others to positive action and commitment, leading by example
- Demonstrate a good understanding of brand values, demonstrating their meaning through your own daily behaviours
- Highly organised and able to work to strict deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment where priorities change regularly
- Use your initiative to meet targets within quality, cost and time parameters
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and property management software
- Strong administrative skills
- A full UK driving licence.
This position is a Monday to Friday role and will come with a basic salary of circa £40,000 plus a car allowance.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.