Head of Property Management for this privately-owned independent Estate Agency in Oxford, Oxfordshire
Permanent Oxford, Oxfordshire | £45k to £50k 50000
Job Posted: 2020-03-02 02 March 2020 Closing date for applications: 24 March 2020
This privately-owned estate agency currently has a superb opportunity available for a hardworking and experienced senior property manager to head up and lead their property management department in Oxford City.
Our client has gained an exceptional reputation as one of the most highly regarded independent estate agencies in Oxfordshire due to their bespoke, professional and honest service.
The main purpose of this role is to manage a team of five property managers, as well as your own portfolio of residential lettings properties, whilst ensuring all maintenance issues are resolved with a high level of landlord and tenant satisfaction. Upon managing this department, you are responsible for evaluating business opportunities and new systems/processes to enhance efficiency, income and set the direction for the department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Investigating and resolving queries and complaints
- Managing the upkeep and maintenance of your own portfolio of residential properties
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with all landlords and tenants
- Conducting property inspections and completing appropriate reports liaising with the landlord giving relevant advice
- Ensuring all properties are prepared for tenants to move in – gas safety record, electrical safety, keys, pre-tenancy clean, checking all appliances and any pre-requisites
- Ensuring deposit returns are managed within company timescales and any issues between parties resolved
- Ensuring the property is continuing to be legally compliant and is being looked after by the tenant
- Project managing residential property refurbishment projects
- Proactively keeping up to date with legislation changes and health & safety compliance
- Maximising current and future income opportunities
- Implementing fresh processes to the department with an emphasis on efficiency
- Liaising and building relationships with current and new third-party suppliers building a pool of contractors
- Creating training plans for new staff and ensuring full training is undertaken
- Checking invoices received against works orders and arranging payment to contractors
- Maintaining high standards of communication with landlords and tenants
- Negotiating dilapidation compensation for the landlords of a managed client portfolio
- Working closely with accounts in managing rent arrears
- Reporting directly to the company directors.
- Have a strong track record within property management and must have experience of leading and managing a team
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional and empathetic manner
- Ability to act quickly and decisively
- Fantastic problem solving and organisation skills
- Knowledge of the industry; basic knowledge of heating and hot water systems, plumbing and electrical systems
- Knowledge of residential property legislation and compliance
- Excellent time management
- Excellent personal presentation and conduct
- Good IT skills and knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to remain calm in high pressure environments
- Strong negotiation and active listening skills
- A methodical approach
- Ability to multitask and prioritise own workload
- Ability to build effective relationships by using diplomacy and tact
- A valid UK driving licence and access to own car.
The package for this role will include an attractive basic of £45,000 to £50,000 dependent on the level of experience. Benefits include company mileage, pension, company events, an excellent holiday package etc.
The hours of work will be Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 6pm, Friday 9am to 4.30pm and you will be required to work 1 in 4 Saturdays from 9am to 3pm, however, you will be given a day off in lieu for this.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.