Head of Accounts for this independent Estate Agency in Pinner, Middlesex
Permanent Pinner, Middlesex | £50k to £55k 55000
Job Posted: 2020-06-12 12 June 2020 Closing date for applications: 12 August 2020
Our client is an independent estate agency with over 30 years’ experience buying, selling and renting properties in South West London. They offer a friendly, tailor-made service and work hard to achieve the best possible service for their customers. They are currently seeking an individual to become an integral member of the senior management team and play a key role in supporting the operational teams in driving forward the strategic ambitions for the company.
Managing a team of six, you will report to the directors and oversee all financial aspects of the company and client accounts, ensure the smooth running of payroll, provide support to the business managers and manage the day to day tasks for the finance and lettings accounts team.
The Head of Accounts will work closely with the directors to establish best practice in all areas and will often be the first point of contact for clients.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Payroll – providing external accountants with commissions, referrals, FS commissions, Google Review payments, Saturday staff payments, pension calculations
- Reviewing salary schedules from accountants and approving payroll
- Processing salary journals onto Sage to reflect the payments being made
- Processing PAYE payments
- Handling bank reconciliations daily and finalised monthly for company accounts
- Reviewing or processing supplier payment runs on Sage for company accounts
- Inputting supplier invoices and client invoices onto Sage for the 3 companies (if required)
- Financial services commissions, reviewing commission statements, processing entries, updating broker statements for payroll and inputting payment details onto new business registers
- Reviewing bank accounts and cash flow
- Reviewing and setting up of payments in Barclays
- Handling returns to the office for national statistics (monthly, quarterly, and annual returns)
- Handling management accounts review data
- Reviewing and processing Barclaycard statements and associated charges
- Accruals and depreciation of fixed assets
- Adjusting the lettings income on a monthly basis to ensure the figures match the CRM software
- Reviewing conveyancing commissions, third party invoices and raising invoices
- Providing support, guidance, coaching and development to the accounts department
- Handling liaison for audit and accountants, providing them with information when required.
- A minimum of 5 years working in a similar role within estate agency
- Thorough knowledge in all aspects of property related accounts processes
- Structured, disciplined, energetic and committed to individual and company improvement
- Open and honest team player
- Excellent eye for attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical and confident with data analysis
- Problem solver with the ability to take ownership and resolve issues both internally and externally
- Possess strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Reapit software would be an advantage
The salary will be in the region of an attractive £50,000 to £55,000. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org