Graduate / Trainee Lettings Negotiator – London Estate Agency
Permanent Docklands, London | £18k to £35k 35000
Job Posted: 2013-08-14 14 August 2013 Closing date for applications: 14 October 2013
This is a superb opportunity for an individual looking to commence a career in property, and specifically in Lettings & Property Management. This company is a leading London Estate Agency with a strong presence throughout the city. Due to the ongoing success of the business, they are looking to increase their staffing levels by taking on a Lettings Negotiator for their offices in the Docklands. The objective of the role will be to represent the company at all times in a highly professional manner, and to ensure that all landlords, tenants, suppliers and partners are dealt with in a professional, timely, honest and well-mannered fashion. You will also be expected to ensure that all targets are met and any new business dealt with in an appropriate business fashion.
- Working closely with the lettings team to identify new business opportunities.
- Generating quality leads, following these up and consistently aiming for high conversion rates.
- Promoting the company’s other products & services where appropriate and generating referral leads.
- Having an in-depth understanding of the local market and competitors in the area to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Ensuring that all instructions are presented to the highest standard to prospective Tenants.
- Ensuring that all documentation is completed before the beginning of the tenancy i.e. PAT, Gas Safety Certificate and Tenancy Terms and Conditions.
- Ensuring that all financial targets are met and are exceeded on a monthly basis.
- Managing customer expectations and feedback effectively, addressing any highlighted areas of concern.
- Actively supporting the Branch in achieving the highest levels of customer service feedback from clients, suppliers and the Company.
- Pro-actively managing, maintaining and developing relationships with both Landlords and Tenants.
- Pro-actively ensuring that all written communications on behalf of the Branch are accurate and conform to industry standards and Housing Act requirements.
The Individual’s Skills
- Self-motivation with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisation skills and prioritisation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own as well as in a team.
- A professional, positive, ambitious and enthusiastic approach.
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel & Outlook skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Full and clean UK driving license.
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record in meeting and exceeding targets.
This exciting opportunity will come with an above average basic salary for this level of £18-20,000, an attractive commission package and a pool car for use during working hours. Realistic first year earnings in the region of £30-35,000. This is a Monday to Friday role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com